Motoring Discussion > Dart Charge Rubbish Miscellaneous
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 3

Dart Charge Rubbish - zippy
I had to use a hire car last week to make two crossings and paid the appropriate £5 payment on line.

I checked up today to see if it had all gone through and they have allocated the payment to one of my journeys and to another journey made a week previously - when i did not have the hire car.

I called them (twice to make sure). They advise that they cannot reallocate the payment and that I should wait until I get the penalty notice from the hire car company (which will have their fee added no doubt) at which point I can dispute it.

Now, given that I have given them all of the payment and crossing details, I would have expected that a re-allocation was possible.

I now expect to have to fight the penalty charge from Dartford Crossing and hire car company invoices which will be a pain.

The moral of the story is to make a payment by phone and tell them the journeys that you want the payment allocated against.

Idiots!
 Dart Charge Rubbish - Boxsterboy
I've heard before that multiple crossings in the same car causes problems where one driver hasn't paid. Honest driver pays up but the payment gets allocated to the first crossing of the day, not necessarily the one the honest driver is paying for. This is usually a hire car problem, but could apply to pool cars or car club cars.
 Dart Charge Rubbish - Zero
The answer is simple. The hire company have your CC details, Dart should charge the hire company, and the hire company bill the user. At the end of the day the charge is against the registered keeper, not the driver.
 Dart Charge Rubbish - Boxsterboy
But that's not how it works - Dart Charge place the onus on the driver to pay, not for them to charge the registered keeper. To charge the registered keeper as you suggest would require them to do the same for all cars. Which would mean DVLA having CC details of all car owners. Er, I think not!
Latest Forum Posts