Motoring Discussion > Renault Megane III - A melting moment for A Renault
Thread Author: madf Replies: 7

Renault Megane III - A melting moment for A Renault - madf
I always say French cars are rubbish..39C is too much so they just fade away (or rather melt away)

"The video shows the lights, wing mirrors and window fittings melting off the car.
Mr Westbrook, a taxi driver, told the MailOnline: “We drove past and just couldn't believe what we were seeing. Bits of the car were literally dripping off on to the road.
“Even bits of the bumper were melted and the wing mirrors were starting to buckle,” he added.
“I guess the moral of the story is don't trust French cars.”

tinyurl.com/ouwwrjd
 Renault Megane III - A melting moment for A Renault - Armel Coussine
There's a 'shake that nyash' Mégane apparently abandoned in a big field near here. Time was I would have looked it over with a view to acquiring it. Always liked that model (and there was a super-quick variant). But I'm not like that any more, sadly.
 Renault Megane III - A melting moment for A Renault - No FM2R
Something funny about that;

I had a Citroen Xantia and a Renault People_Carrier_thing in Rio de Janeiro where the temperatures are often more than 39 degrees. I also had a Renault Ugly_bum in the Amazon & Bahia where temperatures are frequently silly.

OK, one learns to drive with your fingertips, but I never saw anything like that.
 Renault Megane III - A melting moment for A Renault - Armel Coussine
>> Something funny about that;

Yes. But I seem to remember a similar story - perhaps another version of this one - about sunlight being 'focused' on a car by a curved shiny building, causing components to melt.

The DT seldom fails to annoy me when it mentions anything technical or scientific. I may not be a scientist but nor am I a semi-literate foreign teenager doing a subbing job well beyond my skills. Its attitude to its readers is insultingly offhand.
 Renault Megane III - A melting moment for A Renault - Mapmaker
The Walkie Talkie in London.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23930675

It was subsequently clad in black fabric to stop this happening. The architect had designed another similar building where this was also a problem. Some people never learn...
 Renault Megane III - A melting moment for A Renault - sherlock47
What seems odd about this is that different places and different types and colors of plastic seemed to have been afflicted. The drip of the plastic side trim makes it look as though it has had a blow lamp or solventl applied to it. I just wonder if it was a revenge attack of some kind?

Renault Megane III - A melting moment for A Renault - idle_chatterer
We regularly get temperatures above 40C, 46C was the highest last year IIRC, cars don't melt - even Renaults.

You see 20yo Holdens with faded dashboards and fabric trim but nothing melted inside or out. Makes me think something else has been going on with this car ?
 Renault Megane III - A melting moment for A Renault - The Melting Snowman
My car (Ford) experienced 44c last month with no ill effects. I too suspect something else going on but don't know what.

The B pillar to me looks like a MK2 rather than a MK3.

>>There's a 'shake that nyash' Mégane apparently abandoned in a big field near here. Time was I >>would have looked it over with a view to acquiring it.

Er, I would strongly advise leaving it in the field. Best place for it in my opinion (based on owning a MK2). The only thing that would improve it in my opinion is a box of matches and a gallon of unleaded.

Amazingly rust resistant those MK2s though, seems rather odd that Renault put so much care into that side of things when many get scrapped due to dodgy electrics.

I might consider a MK3 one day.
Latest Forum Posts