Motoring Discussion > Man filmed keying a £100k Aston Martin Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 22

Man filmed keying a £100k Aston Martin - VxFan
A camera placed on the vehicle's dashboard shows a man approach the Aston Martin V8 Vantage on Morning Lane, Hackney at about 10:30 BST on 19 June.

It shows the man manoeuvring a pram before appearing to take keys from his pocket and scrape them down the passenger side of the vehicle.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33967375

Man filmed keying £100k Aston Martin - movilogo
I think it is more likely to happen in areas where there is a very wide gap between rich and poor.

London has many such areas. Current housing market has pushed out middle class out of London. Only extremely wealthy people or those on benefits can afford to live in London now.

It often happens in very deprived areas too (where everyone is poor).

Man filmed keying £100k Aston Martin - Mapmaker
The chap doing the keying looks quite respectable, and looks to have a quite expensive baby buggy (not that I would know). He will be regretting it; with luck the publicity may stop a few others. But that's why I don't park a brand-new car on the streets of London.
 Man filmed keying �£100k Aston Martin - Fursty Ferret
Maybe it was parked somewhere really stupid?

Don't condone it but watched with some satisfaction a harassed looking mum force her pram between a 15-reg Audi A7 and a lamp post after the owner dumped it on the pavement with no thought for pedestrians.
 Man filmed keying ���£100k Aston M - Armel Coussine
>> Maybe it was parked somewhere really stupid?

Whatever the back story, if there is one, malicious damage is always a toeraggy thing to inflict on anyone. You may think the owner 'deserves' it, but what about the poor dumb machine that has to suffer the cruelty?

Beastly crap thing to do. Love the enraged snarl on the perp's mug though.
 Man filmed keying a £100k Aston Martin - henry k
Man arrested after £100k Aston Martin keyed in Hackney

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-33980186
 Man filmed keying a £100k Aston Martin - Old Navy
I wonder if the police would be as interested if my £9,000 Yaris had sustained £500 vandalism damage.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Tue 18 Aug 15 at 19:02
 Man filmed keying a �£100k Aston Martin - CGNorwich
If you supplied them with a video of the offence I don't see why not.
 Man filmed keying a ���£100k Aston - No FM2R
But the BBC probably wouldn't be.
 Man filmed keying a �£100k Aston Martin - ....
>> I wonder if the police would be as interested if my £9,000 Yaris had sustained
>> £500 vandalism damage.
>>
Depends on what side of the street you were parked, odd or even. Now if your car was in Magaluf that would be different.
 Man filmed keying a £100k Aston - smokie
Out of interest, there was only one complaint to the mods via the Report Message button about anything in this thread, and that was about a poster's swearing.

Nevertheless I have removed the post which upset a number of you, and the related posts. As a matter of fact, there was actually no overt racism in the post - that only came with some background knowledge of the poster, a presumption about it's meaning by those with that knowledge, and the ensuing discussion drawing attention to it.

In my mind the initial transgression was minor given the above, so I let it pass, in exactly the same way that we have let a number of minor transgressions of other house rules pass, I'm thinking in particular of ones about profanity, insults and harassment.

It is timely to request you all to remind yourself of the House rules at www.car4play.com/terms/house_rules.htm . Personally as a mod I have deliberately been taking a relaxed attitude to these rules as I assumed we are all grown ups and a certain amount of tolerance would prevail, and I believe this is what our membership required.

You may well consider my thinking to be flawed but this is not up for discussion in this thread so please don't bother, as any replies may simply be deleted. If you have a serious issue with anything I've written please use the Report Message button.

edited to make the house rules link work
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 19 Aug 15 at 12:45
 Man filmed keying a £100k Aston - jc2
I can't see him actually damaging the car in the video-is everyone(including the police)assuming he did it?-or am I missing a bit?
 Man filmed keying a �£100k Aston - BiggerBadderDave
Turn the volume up and play it again.
 Man filmed keying a £100k Aston Martin - Focusless
'Silly' Hackney father admits damaging £100k car outside Tesco

Gary Brissett facing jail after pleading guilty to causing £8,000 damage to Oliver Hall's supercar while being filmed by dashcam

tinyurl.com/pdv2f3o (Telegraph)
 Man filmed keying a �£100k Aston Martin - Ian (Cape Town)
Thanks for the link.
Nice chap. NOT. The politics of envy, it seems. One cannot condone deliberate damage like that, especially as the Aston owner was legitimately parked, it seems.
 Man filmed keying a ���£100k Aston - Armel Coussine
>> The politics of envy, it seems. One cannot condone deliberate damage like that, especially as the Aston owner was legitimately parked, it seems.

Yes, it's the act of a very nasty moronic toerag. Certainly asking for a short sharp shock (I don't suppose he will be inside for long). It may not have any beneficial effect though and may have a negative one. Once a toerag, always a toerag.

I don't see the legality or otherwise of its parking making any difference though, except to a parking wonk. It wasn't in anyone's way was it?

Surely a car being parked illegally isn't an excuse for vandalizing it.

You could buy a couple of nice sound motors for the 8 grand (Hell's bells!!) it costs to paint an Aston Martin properly. Nice blow-over with grey and red primer, Bob's your uncle. Of course I'm not flash...

:o}
 Man filmed keying a Ã���Ã�ï - Armel Coussine
>> Surely a car being parked illegally isn't an excuse for vandalizing it.

I think someone here was suggesting a few days ago that it might be an excuse. I was a bit shocked... can't remember who it was or what they said exactly. Can't be bothered to look it up. Perhaps it didn't happen after all (but I think it did).
 Man filmed keying a Ã���Ã� - Cliff Pope
I think the reference was to squeezing a pram through a constricted space because someone had parked on the pavement. That's not malicious damage, it's a lawful way of exercising a right of way, like cutting barbed wire across a public footpath.
 Man filmed keying a Ã���Ã� - Focusless
>> That's not malicious damage, it's a lawful way of exercising a right of way

I'd call it lawful malicious damage.
 Man filmed keying a Ã���Ã� - Armel Coussine
>> I'd call it lawful malicious damage.

Yes. It's harsh punishment for a bit of stupidity. A proper person would go round it by the road.
 Man filmed keying a Ã���Ã� - R.P.
Criminal Damage Act 1971 allows for reasonable excuse or Lawful Authority. Unlike snipping barbed wire on a right of way this is pure spite or "punishment" man's a tit and deserves all he gets.
Last edited by: Webmaster on Tue 6 Oct 15 at 08:57
 Woman filmed keying a car - VxFan

Whatever you do, don't nick this woman's parking space.

uk.screen.yahoo.com/road-rage/woman-keys-car-parking-space-160000148.html
 Woman filmed keying a car - zippy
The so and sos have been let out again....

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3738690/Brazen-moment-baseball-cap-wearing-pensioner-caught-deliberately-keying-Audi-CCTV.html
Latest Forum Posts