Motoring Discussion > Fleet Review time. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 14

Fleet Review time. - R.P.
Had the Volvo T5 coming up to 2 years at the end of this year...! Also umming and ahhing the bike fleet.

Do I need the GS12...? Two smaller bikes being tested this weekend, Triumph Scrambler and Ducati Scrambler...maybe too small...

Been hypnotized by a Mercedes GLC....nice looking motor which is neither an Audi or BMW...

:-)
 Fleet Review time. - No FM2R
That Ducati is a bit of a "use locally" bike rather than a "go places" bike, isn't it?

What kind of riding do you do?
 Fleet Review time. - R.P.
Commute - 30 miles - Local pleasure and the odd continental trip...bimbling rather than blasting !
Not sure I'd be comfortable on the Ducati for a continental trip. Still, it is at least better looking than the Triumph.

Now, the GSX-S on the other hand.....
 Fleet Review time. - Robin O'Reliant
>> That Ducati is a bit of a "use locally" bike rather than a "go places"
>> bike, isn't it?
>>
>>
A mate took himself and his girlfriend to Greece on a TS250 Suzuki about thirty years back. Not ideal, but if people can cycle round the world...
>>TS250 Suzuki

I has a green one in about 1976.

Lovely bike, quite large if I remember correctly. No rear footpegs so wore away the heels of several girls' shoes.
And in the late 70s wasn't there some bloke who travelled all over the world on an FS1E?
 Fleet Review time. - Robin O'Reliant
>> >>TS250 Suzuki
>>
>> I has a green one in about 1976.
>>
>>>>
I was issued a TS185 as a job bike when I was a Park Ranger. I also owned a DT175 at one time. I did used to like trail bikes, simple, light and fun to ride with the buzzy little two stroke engines. The learner laws virtually killed off the once popular and very practical 175 and 250 classes, however.
I think the TS185 was actually a smaller bike than the 250? Although it so long ago I might be quite wrong.

Anyway, for your Christmas list...

www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-motorbikes/1979-suzuki-ts-185.-excellent-condition-runs-and-rides-superb.-mot-till-23-06-16.-%C2%A31495-ono-/1128821765
 Fleet Review time. - Alanovich
>> No rear footpegs so wore away the
>> heels of several girls' shoes.
>>

I suppose when you're wearing a crash helmet nobody can tell you're a bloke. You wear whatever you like on your feet, fair play.
Yeah, I knew that comment would turn up, but I couldn't work out how to rephrase it without writing a paragraph.
 Fleet Review time. - Fenlander
Mrs F had a TS250 new around the mid 70s... silver one which I borrowed a lot. It did need a new engine after she forgot to put oil in the tank so she went for a 4-stroke next.
I absolutely love 2-strokes - the smell brings back great memories.

Thought Mrs F was more of a fast road BMW girlie than dirt track?
 Fleet Review time. - Fenlander
She was...

a... Bantam, Tiger Cub, Suzuki TS250, BSA Lightning 650... sort of girl with a minor foray into the R100RS

... and then a Cortina brought her to her senses... sort of.
 Fleet Review time. - Zero

>> Do I need the GS12...? Two smaller bikes being tested this weekend, Triumph Scrambler and
>> Ducati Scrambler...maybe too small...

I'd learn to ride properly first if were you, I mean if you can't handle a scooter........
Latest Forum Posts