Motoring Discussion > Ferrari F458 Italia - High performance car, low performance driver. Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 6

Ferrari F458 Italia - High performance car, low performance driver. - VxFan
A 29-year-old man hired a £220,000 Ferrari for a family wedding and within hours had written off the car by crashing it into a house.

It is understood the driver had rented the 202mph supercar for a family wedding when he smashed into the side of the terraced home on Sunday night.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11809867/Driver-crashes-220000-Ferrari-458-Italia-hire-car-into-Bedfordshire-house.html
 Ferrari F458 Italia - High performance car, low performance driver. - rtj70
Was it £220k worth of car? Were they not cheaper coupes than that?

Anyway I am more surprised at the low excess charged! If that's a written off Ferrari worth over £150k then the hirer is lucky to lose only the deposit...
 Ferrari F458 Italia - High performance car, low performance driver. - WillDeBeest
It's tragic when rare and beautiful machinery is destroyed by one person's carelessness.

The accident...also involved a Vauxhall Astra...
 Ferrari F458 Italia - High performance car, low performance driver. - No FM2R
WdB got a frownie for that? Who is the drama queen?

Just whining about Vauxhall Astras isn't funny per se, but that comment was.

Last edited by: No FM2R on Thu 20 Aug 15 at 10:34
 Ferrari F458 Italia - High performance car, low performance driver. - Armel Coussine
>> It's tragic when rare and beautiful machinery is destroyed by one person's carelessness.

Not carelessness, more an insensitive and jittery right foot. A prod too far and you're straight up a tree. Supercars are a bit much for us civilians.
 Ferrari F458 Italia - High performance car, low performance driver. - No FM2R
>> then the hirer is lucky to lose only the deposit...

That may not be the case. That deposit is only that, it doesn't necessarily represent the limit of his liability.
 Ferrari F458 Italia - High performance car, low performance driver. - rtj70
I think I am right in saying the 488 GTB replaced the 458. But some 458's still show up. In Autoexpress there is a 458 (not an Italia) for about £200k. The 488 GTB is cheaper.

Still I would not be surprised if the £5,000 deposit is not the end of it.
Latest Forum Posts