Motoring Discussion > An oops moment Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Skip Replies: 17

An oops moment - Skip
I took the other half's car out for a "good run" this afternoon as it hadn't been used for a couple of weeks. The roads were very quiet so despite the rain I had it up to nearly 90 mph at times. It was only when i got home and walked around the nearside that I noticed it had the space saver pram spare wheel on the N/S/F !
Last edited by: Skip on Sun 23 Aug 15 at 17:59
 An oops moment - Manatee
Well at least you know it's safe at 50...
 An oops moment - Harleyman
Don't take this the wrong way please; but this bears out my comments on another thread about car drivers not bothering to do even the most cursory of checks before they set out on their journey.

Bet you didn't check your lights either; and when was the last time you did?

Not getting at you, because we're all human and at least you've acknowledged your goof; I'd suggest though that it's an even more important habit to get into if it's not your regular drive.
Last edited by: Harleyman on Sun 23 Aug 15 at 20:09
 An oops moment - Robin O'Reliant
I'd agree with HM if it wasn't for the fact I once tried to ride off on a motorcycle with the rear wheel still chained to the towing eye on my car.
 An oops moment - Bill Payer
I don't use my car much (work from home and generally use wifey's from running around) and must admit I make a point of doing a walk around before driving it.
 An oops moment - WillDeBeest
If I had that 220 CDI engine without the E's sound insulation I might need a minute to gird my loins too.
};---)
Oi - it's a 270! Sounds superb. :)
So it is. Five cylinders good. Beg pardon.
 An oops moment - Harleyman
>> I'd agree with HM if it wasn't for the fact I once tried to ride
>> off on a motorcycle with the rear wheel still chained to the towing eye on
>> my car.
>>

Could have been even messier had you driven off in the car instead!
 An oops moment - No FM2R
>>I once tried to ride off on a motorcycle with the rear wheel still chained to the towing eye on my car.

Not done that. But I did once try to ride off on the identically coloured bike parked next to mine.
Years ago I started my Dad's car and tried to drive off with a Krook-Lok still attached. Thankfully it was on the clutch pedal and not the brake.
 An oops moment - Bobby
>> Years ago I started my Dad's car and tried to drive off with a Krook-Lok still attached. Thankfully it was on the clutch pedal and not the brake.

My uncle did this, ,cortina mark two automatic. Krooklock between wheel and brake. Drove away from the post office in George Square Glasgow, got to red traffic lights and sailed right through T boning a car crossing over.

To make matters worse, car had to be towed away. This was Xmas eve and it was only after it had been towed away my aunt reminded him that they had hidden all the kids Xmas presents in the boot of the car.....
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 25 Aug 15 at 10:36
 An oops moment - Focusless
>> Don't take this the wrong way please; but this bears out my comments on another
>> thread about car drivers not bothering to do even the most cursory of checks before
>> they set out on their journey.

Like setting off with a flat tyre...
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=19079&m=431181&v=e
:o
 An oops moment - bathtub tom
I wondered why the caravan I'd just hitched up sounded rather loud when moving. Fortunately I stopped and raised the nose wheel after a few yards.
 An oops moment - Manatee
Done that.
 An oops moment - Roger.
Williams F1 team did much the same at Spa yesterday!
Inexcusable in a pit crew.
 An oops moment - Bromptonaut
>> Done that.

Me too.
Oh dear...

...how embarrassing...

...a caravan.
};---)
Latest Forum Posts