Motoring Discussion > Do all postmen wash their own vans? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Aretas Replies: 8

Do all postmen wash their own vans? - Aretas
Last week I was in a village in the highlands. Postman pulled up and started to deliver letters. For the sake of saying something I said “Lovely shiny van you have”. I maybe made his day because he gave me a big smile and said he had washed it before setting out.
 Do all postmen wash their own vans? - Bromptonaut
I'd guess big sorting offices like crow Lane here in Northampton have arrangements to wash vans. OTOH if you're delivering from Tarbert on the Isle of Harris......
 Do all postmen wash their own vans? - MD
You have to mention Harris then I glance across to the testosterone advert on the right and all is explained 0:-)
 Do all postmen wash their own vans? - Bromptonaut
>> You have to mention Harris then I glance across to the testosterone advert on the
>> right and all is explained 0:-)

Must be subliminal, I don't see ads and even if I did they'd be driven by my intersts and not yours :-P
 Do all postmen wash their own vans? - MD
Adblock eh? You're missing an 'arris I fear!
 Do all postmen wash their own vans? - Robin O'Reliant
In some rural areas postmen take their vans home, perhaps they get an allowance for keeping them clean in that case?
 Do all postmen wash their own vans? - Lygonos
Some posties actually take pride in their work/Royal Mail.

Probably moreso in locations where they have more contact with their customers.
 Do all postmen wash their own vans? - Armel Coussine
>> Some posties actually take pride in their work/Royal Mail.

Yes.

Moreover a friendly reliable post is a pillar of civilization, now scorned, neglected, by video freaks. Without it we'd all be still scratching our armpits and beating ineffectually on drums, more or less.

Tsk. These young people today...
 Do all postmen wash their own vans? - Cliff Pope

>>
>> Probably moreso in locations where they have more contact with their customers.
>>

Ours is a treasure. Very friendly, helpful, puts post on the shelf if the porch floor is damp, leaves parcels in sensible places, opens the door and gives a shout if he can see it might be something important. Remarks on the number of birthday cards.
He will pick up post left for posting and take small parcels.

In a bad winter he borrows a friend's amazing customised landrover, which looks like something out of Mad Max. He has helped my wife change a wheel, and put escaped sheep back into a field.
Latest Forum Posts