Motoring Discussion > Glasgow (Potholes) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bhoywonder Replies: 7

Glasgow (Potholes) - bhoywonder
Looks like it might be confirmed that Glasgow has the worst potholes in Britain. The roads in and around Glasgow are a disgrace.

www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/editor-s-picks/glasgow-potholes-are-worst-in-britain-1.1042148
 Glasgow (Potholes) - Old Navy
All local and regional newspapers have the biggest, smallest, best, worst, as appropriate. I assume the reporter researched every pothole in the UK.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 19 Jul 10 at 15:07
 Glasgow (Potholes) - Armel Coussine
Aye ON.

That picture of a pothole in the link... that were a girl's pothole, that were. Luxury!
 Glasgow (Potholes) - Skoda
I don't follow why they took that photo there, in the background, the road running off to the right is all but impassible in the rightmost lane without a high clearance vehicle just there, would have made a much better picture!

Along the full length of that road in fact there's tons of better choices than that thing.

I agree with the comments above, when that undulation in the road surface grows up, it wants to be a pothole :-P

Wonder if it's a lazyness thing, JM was probably in the STV studios directly behind the camera. Walked 50 more feet they'd have a story.
 Glasgow (Potholes) - sherlock47
Apologies to those that have seen it before...

tinyurl.com/londonpothole

or more upto date www.hascoinc.com/images/bus-in-pothole.jpg
Last edited by: pmh on Mon 19 Jul 10 at 16:47
Have to agree with what has been said about the picture. They could have gone to hundreds of different places and got a better picture. I drive in and around Glasgow and some of the roads/pavements have to be seen to be believed. Glasgow city council apparently gave more money this year to fix the roads as they are in such a state. But I have seen no permanent repairs to the roads other than the usual temporary ones that last no longer than a month. In my opinion GCC are cutting costs everywhere in a desperate attempt to pay for the common wealth games.
Last edited by: bhoywonder on Mon 19 Jul 10 at 19:55
 Glasgow (Potholes) - L'escargot
How does James Martin define "worst"? Longest? Widest? Deepest? What's an acceptable pothole and what's a bad pothole? There should be a British Standard for defining potholes, because otherwise they're a matter of individual opinion.
Update. GCC are getting there very slowly but they are getting there. Well I live in hope anyway.

www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/we-ve-fixed-600-potholes-only-9400-to-go-1.1045539
Latest Forum Posts