Motoring Discussion > Tesla charging stations Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 5

Tesla charging stations - legacylad
Heading up 17 from Phx to Flagstaff I called in at Cordes Jct for a break. Exiting the truck stop I saw a row of 6 Tesla charging stations. I believe use of them is free, none were occupied and I have been told there are more than a 100 dotted around the western States.
Shame none were in use as I would have tried to chat to whoever was using them. Not seen a Tesla close up, or even sat in one. In fact I know nothing about them !
Going to look up the subject now...

corrected spelling mistake in subject header
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 5 Oct 15 at 10:28
 Tesla charging stations - MD
I saw one in Bergen a year or so ago. Looked pretty swish to me.
 Tesla charging stations - Old Navy
We have two charging bays at the local rail station which is used mainly for commuters to Edinburgh. I walk past frequently and have only seen one bay in use on one occaision, (Mitsubishi PHEV). Looks like a similar useage rate. There is a Tesla charger at Edinburgh airport, about 15 minutes away, I don't know its exact location.
 Tesla charging stations - mikeyb
Seen a few around here. Tesla have opened a shop in the local shopping mall - I thought it was a pop up job for a few weeks, but appears to be a permanent feature along with charging points in the carpark.

Local taxi firm boasted that they had got one, and they have the contract at work, so sometimes see it parked outside reception.

They appear to have by far the best pure electric offering at the moment
 Tesla charging stations - Dave_
I saw half a dozen Tesla-only charging bays, painted red on the ground, at a service area last week. Could have been Hopwood Park, but I go to that bloomin' many I can't be certain.

Most UK service areas have 3 or 4 generic charging points. There's usually a Leaf at one and a Mitsi PHEV at another... Occasionally an Ampera or a Zoe. Never seen a BMW at one.

I delivered an i3 to an office somewhere out Farnborough way last year; they were making a big play of increasing their fleet of electric cars. Unfortunately the only vehicles I saw charging were backed up to reception with several extension leads hanging out of a window of the building.
 Tesla charging stations - Lygonos
Nissan Leaf taxi passes 100,000 miles in 2 years

evobsession.com/wizzy-the-nissan-leaf-taxi-surpasses-100000-miles/
Latest Forum Posts