Motoring Discussion > Skoda Octavia II - Flood of warning lights Miscellaneous
Thread Author: IJWS14 Replies: 1

Skoda Octavia II - Flood of warning lights - IJWS14
Drove down to the alps last week topping up a slow puncture each morning. reached our week's stay on Saturday so this morning got up to go and get it fixed.

100 yards down the hill the glow plug light was flashing, 200 yards later the engine management light was on as was the cruise control warning light.

Stopped to check the book and it says take to dealer straight away . . . found out on the climb out of the valley that it really was in limp mode, upset the French as well.

We switched destination from Bonneville (large tyre dealer)to Scionzier as there is a Skoda dealer there and (how is this for service) 15 minutes after arriving the computer was plugged in. There was a comment that my wife caught but that defeated my French about the "usual fault" and the technician took off the plastic moulding over the engine and pointed to the fault.

Two of the air hoses which feed the turbo pressure gauges were missing, or mainly missing. It would appear that a friendly rodent had chewed away at the pipes. An hour after arriving we were on our way, car fixed and no charge. French glass palaces aren't all bad.

Stopped at the Firststop round the corner and managed to explain a slow puncture to the guy who had even less English than I had French, 45 minutes and 20 euros later the tyre was repaired and we were looking for a cup of coffee.

Best moments of the day were the technician in the dealer who went to get into the passenger side to start the car and again at the tyre dealer where there was a great double take from the technician as he opened the passenger door to put his seat cover onto the seat and realised there was no steering wheel.

Now SWMBO wants to know how I make sure the hoses don't get chewed again tonight.
 Skoda Octavia II - Flood of warning lights - ....
European martens, from Wiki:

Due to their habit of seeking warm and dry places and to gnaw on soft materials, martens cause damage to soft plastic and rubber parts in cars and other parked vehicles annually costing millions of euros in Central Europe alone, thus leading to the offering of marten damage insurance, "marten-proofing", and electronic repellent devices.

No idea what you'd call the device in French, it's Marderschutz in German.
Last edited by: gmac on Mon 12 Oct 15 at 21:20
Latest Forum Posts