Motoring Discussion > Cars in movies Miscellaneous
Thread Author: John Boy Replies: 8

Cars in movies - John Boy
An article in the Guardian with "Taxi Tehran", a film shot in a cab, as the starting point:

tinyurl.com/pdhdze5
 Cars in movies - Old Navy
It's not very subtle marketing, called product placement.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 30 Oct 15 at 12:53
 Cars in movies - WillDeBeest
Product placement in Tehran?
 Cars in movies - Old Navy
The thread title is Cars in movies not Movies in cars.
 Cars in movies - Armel Coussine
There was a rich guy from Luxembourg in my class at my last school, who also went to the same Oxford College I disgraced myself at. He lived in Hampstead and had an indulgent dad, so both at school and university he had the use of a Packard Clipper convertible, a thing that could go like the wind with masses of silent straight-eight torque. He was a stylish but pretty careful driver who never made the tyres squeal.

Being a passenger in that was very close to being in a car in a movie.
Erm, yes.

Anyway, the most memorable roles are by cars the audience can't go out and buy - if we accept that some of the 'Alan Partridges' mentioned in the article might afford an Aston Martin. My nomination - a surprising omission, I thought - is the green Thunderbird convertible in Thelma and Louise. (Note to self: must re-watch that soon. I expect it will have worn well.)

Watched Wayne's World with the Beestlings the other weekend. One of them asked in fascinated horror, "Dad, what is that car?"
>> a Packard Clipper convertible

I don't think Packards exist any more. But they were quality, expensive American cars favoured by the rich, and had a particular look. The Clipper was supposed to be a cheapo range, but it wasn't that cheapo really. Cadillacs by contrast were quite cheapo, just Chevrolets with classy trim.
a Memory Lane production

brought to you by

Vodka & Tonic

>> Vodka & Tonic

Undrinkable crap. Damn quynyne water...
Latest Forum Posts