Motoring Discussion > Forth Road Bridge closed @ weekends - accident Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 7

Forth Road Bridge closed @ weekends - accident - Falkirk Bairn
The FRB closure has been pointed out before but I thought I'd make some comment on the diversions.

3 weeks ago I went to see my grandson playing rugby on the Sunday morning in Kinross - about a 30-35 min drive mid morning on a Sunday. Road was empty and it was a very pleasant trip along the sunny A977 - although an A road it is not the best and passes through the middle of a number of villages.

Last Sunday I made the same journey. The difference was that the FRB was closed and it was one of the Diversion Routes. MAD drivers on the roundabouts before the A977 getting across the River Forth - wrong lanes, mad overtaking, cars sitting well out in the middle of the road looking to overtake on what can be twisty turns and dips on the road.

Yesterday, again the FRB was shut and someone was seriously injured on that road in a head on crash. Obviously I do not know the reasons for this actual incident.

But after the previous Sunday's observations maybe some drivers have lost patience with the detour of say 45+ mins rather than the 15 minutes it would normally take to get from Kinross to the FRB.

The old maxim of better arriving a wee bit late rather than dead on time!

Maybe the odd Police car / Speed check on the diversion roads might have made some a bit more careful about their driving - not to collect the money(as per usual) but to re-inforce as a Safety measure.
 Forth Road Bridge closed @ weekends - accident - Old Navy
Most likely people who did not know about the (well advertised) road closures and diversions. Willing to risk lives to meet their schedule.
This is what the road closures and diversions have been about.

www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/local-headlines/watch-timelapse-video-of-bridge-demolition-over-a90-1-3933144
The final weekend of road closures and diversions have been cancelled as the bridge demolition has been completed.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 4 Nov 15 at 18:45
 Forth Road Bridge closed @ weekends - accident - Bobby
I have had a long day but watching that video I don't actually see what has changed from start to finish?
>> I have had a long day but watching that video I don't actually see what
>> has changed from start to finish?
>>

I will assume you are serious, the concrete bridge that had been replaced by the longer steel one was demolished.
 Forth Road Bridge closed @ weekends - accident - Bobby
I was being serious, the far away side of the bridge didn't seem to change that's what was confusing me!
The demolition was done over two weekends, the video was of the first one. The other span and the central support was demolished last weekend
Last edited by: Old Navy on Wed 4 Nov 15 at 21:09
Latest Forum Posts