Motoring Discussion > Traffic Calming - the Norfolk way. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 11

Traffic Calming - the Norfolk way. - CGNorwich
www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/norfolk_man_admits_putting_screws_on_a140_in_long_stratton_after_being_frustrated_by_boy_racers_1_4305543
 Traffic Calming - the Norfolk way. - Westpig
The chair of the bench called it a 'serious offence'... then gave him a conditional discharge??
 Traffic Calming - the Norfolk way. - Armel Coussine
'Offence' or not, it's a murderous act.

My Renault ran over a bolt once on the A40. The front wheel kicked it off the ground to go through the steel bracing of the rear radial on that side, an old Michelin X, like a bullet. Since the car was doing 100 at the time the tyre was shredded and the alloy wheel seriously foxed before the car stopped.

Expensive and almost unbelievably tiresome. Needless to say it was a rainy cold night with useful verges few and far between.

The Michelin ads on TV make those tyres look so terrific... if I had the money I'd almost be tempted to buy some. But the breaker's yard is the poor man's friend.

I'm no more of a nutter than the rest of you however hard you may protest and gesticulate. Damn liars.

Bit of a sad individual don't you think? Don't think locking him up would really help and I doubt he will do it again now he is known in the village.

Incidentally he had a bit of a point Long Stratton has been waiting for a bypass since it was first proposed in 1935. There is a 30mph limit but it widely ignored. Not an excuse for his actions though.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Wed 11 Nov 15 at 18:39
 Traffic Calming - the Norfolk way. - No FM2R
I wonder which is more dangerous and results in more harm;

1) Putting screws on the A140

2) Driving at 100mph on a cold rainy night on an A road.

Its certainly difficult to see one as "murderous" and the other as perfectly acceptable.
 Traffic Calming - the Norfolk way. - sooty123
>> I wonder which is more dangerous and results in more harm;

I don't think anyone would see a huge gap between the two. But they are sufficiently different to have different attitude to them.
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 11 Nov 15 at 19:08
 Traffic Calming - the Norfolk way. - Armel Coussine
>> Its certainly difficult to see one as "murderous" and the other as perfectly acceptable.

No one mentioned 'perfectly acceptable'. But never mind that.

You weren't there CGN. No difficulty about a decent cruising speed on empty roads late at night surely? What a load of horse manure.
I wasn't where?
 Traffic Calming - the Norfolk way. - Harleyman
With that kind of disregard for the safety of other road users, I'm rather relieved to read that at least he won't be driving HGV's any more.
 Traffic Calming - the Norfolk way. - Ted

Police suspected farmers of pouring diesel on some bends on the Cat & Fiddle some years ago because of the use by bikers.

It stopped when the Babylon said anyone caught might face attempted murder charges or worse.
A few bikers did come off...but none seriously.
 Traffic Calming - the Norfolk way. - No FM2R
>>I wasn't where?

There. Keep up.
 Traffic Calming - the Norfolk way. - Cliff Pope
>> I wasn't where?
>>

On the A40 on a cold rainy night doing 100 mph.

You were perhaps snug and warm in your cottage in Norfolk watching a road safety video.
:)
Latest Forum Posts