Motoring Discussion > Stupid ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 8

Stupid ? - Old Navy
Two (female) TV presenters making a drama about having to drive to work peering through a partially defrosted windscreen. Male presenter, "Don't you wait for the front and rear screens to defrost", female, " I used my credit card to scrape the screen, in the real world who has time to defrost a car".

When I was in Norway I saw someone get a ticket from the police for driving with a partially frosted screen, they were on foot in town and saw the car approaching. Little chance of that in the UK I suspect.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 23 Nov 15 at 08:42
 Stupid ? - Bobby
Took the dog out last night and it was very frosty so put the windscreen cover on (the Hyundai has a fitted one that covers windscreen and front driver and passenger windows).

As it was cold and frosty I didn't fancy cycling in this morning so wanted to make sure car wasn't iced up.

Went out this morning and yes, I am the pillock in the neighbourhood with the windscreen cover on when the temp is at 5 degrees , no sign of frost and I could have b***** cycled in after all!
 Stupid ? - Old Navy
It's mild over this side too. I'm glad I don't live down south, its too cold, but I could just about manage without winter tyres though. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 23 Nov 15 at 09:09
 Stupid ? - Bill Payer
>> Took the dog out last night and it was very frosty so put the windscreen
>> cover on (the Hyundai has a fitted one that covers windscreen and front driver and
>> passenger windows).
>>
>> As it was cold and frosty I didn't fancy cycling in this morning so wanted
>> to make sure car wasn't iced up.
>>
Does putting it on when it's already frosty work?

>> Went out this morning and yes, I am the pillock in the neighbourhood with the
>> windscreen cover on when the temp is at 5 degrees , no sign of frost
>> and I could have b***** cycled in after all!
>>
Certainly very frosty here (near Chester) this morning. Indeed as I write this at 14:15 my desktop weather station is telling me it's still only 4.2C outside.
 Stupid ? - Dog
Jack Frost was all over my jamjar when I got up at 5.50am so I bunged a fan 'eater innit for 20 mins which soon cleared all the winda's and made it warm 'n snuggly inside :)
 Stupid ? - WillDeBeest
And then did you go somewhere?
 Stupid ? - Dog
I'm not as stewpid as I look ... I warmed it up for her indoors who has a little part-time job in town.

:}
 Stupid ? - VxFan
>> I warmed it up for her indoors

What about the car?
 Stupid ? - Dog
>>What about the car?

Yoos being bawdy now DD.

;-)
Latest Forum Posts