Motoring Discussion > Ford Econocheck - what do people think? Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: nice but dim Replies: 10

Ford Econocheck - what do people think? - nice but dim
Heard this on the radio yesterday and sounded interesting not that I will be going for it - I dont own a Ford and get a very respectable mpg thank you!

www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/FordEconoCheck

Apparently you book to take your car to the main dealers then they check oil, filters, tyre pressure and numerous other things and then let you loose with a 'data logger' which must be some sort of code reader attached to your for 7 days. After 7 days you unplug the data logger and post it back. You then get a shiny report with breakdown of pre and post econony figures,

......all for $29.99

and you get money off your next fillup and next service, would be interesting to hear from people who have heard about it and planning to do or done already?

inadvertently tripped the swear filter, edited for you.
Last edited by: Pugugly on Thu 22 Jul 10 at 22:25
 Ford Econocheck - what do people think? - Old Navy
Now I wonder why Ford (or any other) dealers would do that ?

It couldn't be a scheme to make a profit could it ?
 Ford Econocheck - what do people think? - Bellboy
video here
www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4WxIKoJHao
these are freely available ont internet if you wish to have your own
but
you have to ask
not what can the reader do for me but what can i do for the reader
its dependant on the end guy knowing what hes doing and remember its not live data in the real sense but old live data
personally i prefer a code read as a first step and then use live data common sense knowledge and er try pulling that lead over there.....................
 Ford Econocheck - what do people think? - Perky Penguin
Ford aren't going to make any money out it at the rate they are charging and they won't make money if people buy less petrol.
so ford arent a business now then PP?
oh...........
I hope tim nice but-y dim isnt a ford shareholder then or thinking of being one?
Yes they are a business but they have minimal interest or profit from the selling of petrol!
its got nothing to do with petrol pp
they read data as you drive
ie they read the dwell angle of your points and check the temperature of your coil
they even check if the semaphores are fully extending when that nice policeman puts his lovely clean glove up at that nasty box junction we know as marble arch
 Ford Econocheck - what do people think? - Old Navy
Iv'e got my own dwell meter. Trouble is I have run diesels for the last 20 years and can't figure out where to attach it. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 22 Jul 10 at 22:55
well dont dwell on it too hard on :-)
It is ALL to do with petrol - they are trying to get you to use less of it and if you use less they don't make any money out if it, one way or the other
 Ford Econocheck - what do people think? - Lygonos
Mince.

It's an opportunity to profit - like free winter checks, etc.

Every time a customer contacts the premises there is potential for a sale to be made, whether it's a new car, replacing tyres/brakes/suspension components.

If a side effect of these contacts is the customer feels good towards the business then it's even better.

Petrol has hee-haw to do with it other than using the customer's own concerns of excessive fuel use/cost to drive dealership business up.

Latest Forum Posts