Motoring Discussion > Coventry Transport Museum Miscellaneous
Thread Author: cosec Replies: 4

Coventry Transport Museum - cosec
Looking this afternoon for a venue for the company annual general meeting, I had a look round the above. Nearly didn't bother going in as the area is really run down and pretty unpleasant and I can't see our directors being overly pleased arriving there. However, I carried on as I was there. Just had a £9m refit in June and is really quite good inside. Lots of interesting British cars, bikes and motorbikes.

anybody else been recently?
 Coventry Transport Museum - WillDeBeest
Not recently but when we lived nearby I used to appreciate it as a free half-term outing for then-smallish Beestlings. Is the Thrust SSC exhibit still there?
Yes indeed. Thrust and Bloodhound and also a full size model of the latest contender for the land speed record. They also have a simulator of the Thrust record breaking run, with commentary from Andy Green. One of those simulators where the chairs bump around as you go. We had a quick go, which was fun. Very interesting museum, I would recommend it.
 Coventry Transport Museum - Tigger
I work about a mile away, and we used the museum for a meeting earlier in the year. I'm continually struck my the number of my colleagues who commute into Coventry each day, but have never been.

Another museum worth a visit is the heritage museum near j12 of the M40. It has a pleasant board room which I've used for an offsite team meeting.
Thanks for the recommendation Tigger. Probably not big enough for me, as I need to seat about 250 shareholders.
Latest Forum Posts