Motoring Discussion > Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 11

Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years - Falkirk Bairn
www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201512049215662

Obviously used on "special assignments only"
You would never have clocked it as a police car unless it had loads of aerials sprouting from the bodywork.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 6 Dec 15 at 19:51
 Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years - Bill Payer
How odd - wonder what the story is there?

I could imagine a car being forgotten about but it's obviously been used now and again and they remembered to service it.
 Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years - mikeyb
Wonder if it was just used for VIP type duties
 Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years - Zero
Its may only have 30 odd k miles on it, but that drivers seat has been sat on for every one of its 15 years.

Covert surveillance vehicle clearly.
 Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years - R.P.
Crime Squad or similar. Bit of a wolf in sheep's clothing.
 Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years - Armel Coussine
Got to be a nice motor (swap the front seats round and let the passenger sink into the gulf caused by Westpig doing surveillance duty guzzling all kinda junk food to pass the time).

In a country of swag-bellied Aldermen (Shakespeare) one has to expect the odd broad-bottomed Bow Street, er, waddler (Coussine).

Don't run me in chaps, I beg. Just teasing. I like a nice salt beef sandwich myself although I have lost weight, probably for quite bad reasons.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sun 6 Dec 15 at 18:30
 Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years - tyrednemotional
...confiscated under "Proceeds of Crime Act" and hung on to and used for various "nefarious" purposes.

Seat well worn by the backside of Manchester's Mr (very) Big. ;-)

(Only half joking, as I'd expect a standard fleet car to be bought new, not acquired second-hand, which appears likely from the service history).

BTW FB, you may have inadvertently (almost) revealed your home address via the link. One needs to take car don'tcher know - some unpleasant types frequent this forum - wouldn't want them knowing where *I* live. ;-)
 Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years - Westpig
Owned by a Lancs Police mechanic or someone who works for Lancs Police Vehicle Management Unit and had permission to use their equipment in his own time.. or.. they took payment for the work to be carried out when there was some down time?... or he took the 'p' and used their stamp or forms when he'd done his own services?

The really undercover squads wouldn't have had any police connections to any paperwork, the car would be registered to a fake company, etc...

I notice the cambelt was done at a private garage, yet all around that the servicing was by Lancs Police.. yet they'd be capable of doing a cambelt.

Some forces use contractors anyway and don't do mechanical repairs in house anymore.
 Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years - Robin O'Reliant
Times are hard and budgets have been cut. Maybe plod have taken to clocking their used motors?
 Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years - Alastairw
Cambelts often require a special tool. If Lancs police didn't have and other Legend V6s on the fleet they wouldn't want to buy the tool for just one job.
 Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years - Falkirk Bairn
>> you may have inadvertently (almost) revealed your home address via the link

Valid post code BUT it is not mine! The road is within 2-3 miles from me SO maybe 20 sq miles to narrow down my home.

I maybe an OAP but still have my marbles! (well most of the time!)
 Honda Legend - immaculate - 30K miles in 15 years - VxFan
>> BTW FB, you may have inadvertently (almost) revealed your home address via the link.

I've edited the link to only require the necessary bit of it to work.
Latest Forum Posts