Motoring Discussion > What happened on the M25 yesterday? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: helicopter Replies: 5

What happened on the M25 yesterday? - helicopter
Returning home from Farnborough yesterday I decided purely by chance to go the pretty way across country via Guildford rather than the faster way via M3 , M25 & M23.

Listening to the traffic reports on Radio 2 as I drove along the Hogs Back , the M25 was reported as being blocked / slow moving clockwise from Junction 9 to 27 , ie half the circumference of the Motorway, must be at least 30 miles.

Anybody know the cause? I am sure glad I was not caught in it........
 What happened on the M25 yesterday? - SmileyNially
There were lots of sporadic heavy storm downpours in that area which caused flooding and also, obviously, people drove very slowly through them.
 What happened on the M25 yesterday? - Bromptonaut
>> There were lots of sporadic heavy storm downpours in that area which caused flooding and
>> also, obviously, people drove very slowly through them.

Plus the start of the school summer hols so ealy gettaways to airports and channel.
 What happened on the M25 yesterday? - BobbyG
probably rubberneckers :)
 What happened on the M25 yesterday? - WillDeBeest
I heard a radio report as I was leaving work at 1800 of a six-vehicle accident somewhere near the top of the clock. My route is all M4 but that was pretty grim too, for no obvious reason. What takes me 35 minutes in good traffic took me twice that, much of it in first gear. I can only think it was the effect of the heavy showers.
 What happened on the M25 yesterday? - jc2
There was a multi-vehicle coming together on the M11 just off the M25 causing long tailbacks-being reported as ninety minute hold-up even after road cleared.Earlier came up the M3,had radio on and they were giving out warnings that southside of M25 was stationary,so I went north-guess what-stationary as well!
Last edited by: jc2 on Fri 23 Jul 10 at 16:26
Latest Forum Posts