Motoring Discussion > Beemer in the cack ! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 7

Beemer in the cack ! - Ted

You would think a driver would sense the two big steel rails and sleepers under the car !

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/car-tram-tracks-metrolink-holt-10590907
 Beemer in the cack ! - WillDeBeest
It can happen. I inadvertently drove along rather than across a tram track in Bordeaux last summer - for about 30 metres and with (fortunately) no trams in sight.

But the rails there are flush with the tarmac, whereas most of Manchester's (if I remember right) are the old suburban railway lines like the one I used to take to visit my aunt in Sale, so it should be a less easy mistake to make there - although the photo gallery suggests otherwise!
 Beemer in the cack ! - tyrednemotional
...I raise your BMW

;-)

www.nottinghampost.com/Trams-delayed-car-track-Nottingham/story-28025499-detail/story.html

Beemer in the cack ! - Duncan

>> www.nottinghampost.com/Trams-delayed-car-track-Nottingham/story-28025499-detail/story.html

One of the side stories in that piece caught my eye:-

'Disagreeable old Trout'

"She was about as popular as a diesel Volkswagen.
 Beemer in the cack ! - Westpig
>> One of the side stories in that piece caught my eye:-
>>
>> 'Disagreeable old Trout'
>>
>> "She was about as popular as a diesel Volkswagen.
>>

Couldn't find it on your link, but found it here:

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/12048126/My-client-Shes-a-disagreeable-old-trout-says-defence-barrister.html

If that's the best her defence barrister can do, then she must be bad!
 Beemer in the cack ! - CGNorwich
"She was about as popular as a diesel Volkswagen".

I would have got well with her I suppose
 Beemer in the cack ! - Dog
Lucky beamer: www.rt.com/news/325749-beam-smashes-car-window/
 Beemer in the cack ! - Harleyman
It's by no means as uncommon as you may think. Both Mrs. HM and I have seen car drivers attempt to turn onto a railway track in our locality. In my case it was a buffoon who was being nagged by an insistent map-reading wife, in hers a confused elderly local whose eyesight was none too good and has now thankfully given up driving.
Last edited by: Harleyman on Sun 13 Dec 15 at 10:29
Latest Forum Posts