Motoring Discussion > Mitsubishi Outlander II - Outlander first service costs Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 1

Mitsubishi Outlander II - Outlander first service costs - Auntie Lockbrakes
Just taken SWMBO's Outlander 2.2D for its first one-year/10,000 miles service. Not actually due for another 500 miles but wanted the job done before the holiday season.

Bit surprised at the bill: 240 quid! (Thought it was a bit steep, or am I out of touch?!) Principal costs being:

- 90 mins labour at 50 quid/hour (cheap to me);
- 8 litres of oil at 9 quid a litre (cheap too);
- "Air refresher" for 25 quid (was told that this is a pollen filter that is not installed until first service???);
- 9.50 for an oil filter.

As I type this I guess these prices don't look so outrageous after all.

Would love to know more about the 7 quid "Environmental levy & miscellaneous materials" charge, and why it's also 7 quid to "Carry out diagnostic machine inspection and ECU reset" though..!?!!

VAT at 15% here in NZ on top.

Filled it up with diesel at 99.9c/litre on the way home (=49p/litre) - we've fallen below the magic $1 price tag here too!
 Mitsubishi Outlander II - Outlander first service costs - VxFan
>> Would love to know more about the 7 quid "Environmental levy & miscellaneous materials" charge,

Old oil is toxic, or so they tell us. Costs a fortune to dispose of in an environmentally friendly way.
And then there's the latex gloves for the mechanic. Wipes, hand cleaner, disposable plastic seat cover, paper floor mat, etc. etc. which all gets classed as misc materials or sundry items.
Latest Forum Posts