Motoring Discussion > Parking cameras. Legal Questions
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 13

Parking cameras. - Roger.
www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/12072577/Motorists-overcharged-because-number-plate-recognition-technology-is-flawed.html
 Parking cameras. - CGNorwich
Have you been overchargeid then?

Nice to see you back by the way.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Tue 29 Dec 15 at 18:25
 Parking cameras. - Roger.
No - but there is a history, according to our local paper, of odd charges at our local, privately owned, parking attached to a small town centre shopping centre.
It is only 60p for the first hour, or a nicker for two hours. Enforced by patrolling "heavies", but the same security is unable to be deployed to keep open the centre's toilets "due to anti-social" ie gay encounters, or drug related happenings.
Blooming tough on those of us who take diuretics!
 Parking cameras. - CGNorwich
Public toilets will soon be a thing of history. An often overlooked decline in local facilities.
 Parking cameras. - Crankcase
As you say, a real issue. Almost needless to say, there was a long running campaign to get public facilities installed by King's Parade in town, one of THE tourist places of the country with thousands of visitors. A week or two ago the council decided it wouldn't after all be "appropriate", a word that now seems to mean almost anything you want.

So cross legged Chinese tourists everywhere then, as the coffee shops etc along there tend to take the "only if you queue for twenty minutes and then buy a five hundred pound coffee and a bun" approach.

I can only imagine the council thinks everyone is some sort of cyborg.

There was an app that listed public sites available nationally for a while, but not sure if it's still available.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Tue 29 Dec 15 at 19:05
 Parking cameras. - Armel Coussine
If the council won't allow public bogs then discreet corners of the public space become bogs and get a bit smelly.

It would be a poor sort of copper who would follow people into the bushes and book them for Public Nuisance or whatever they call it these days. There's no gainsaying the pee fairy.
 Parking cameras. - Westpig
>> If the council won't allow public bogs then discreet corners of the public space become
>> bogs and get a bit smelly.

I have the world's weakest bladder. It has been like it for all my adult life. A hospital consultant confirmed that it is Irritable Bladder Syndrome.

I will pee anywhere.. and have done, through necessity.

It's the way it is.

I would prefer to do so with decorum, but if places insist on closing all their bogs, then it'll have to be wherever I can find.

I no longer care.
 Parking cameras. - tyrednemotional
>> then it'll have to be wherever I can find.
>>
>> I no longer care.......

....sometimes I don't even bother getting out of my chair....

;-)
 Parking cameras. - Runfer D'Hills
I spent the summer of 1982 living and working in Florence in Italy. At that time there was a public building in the city centre which had an outside urinal open to public view on its back wall.

I got quite used to having a pee there when required.

I hadn't been back for a few years and recently tried to find it for no reason at all except to point out to a disbelieving friend but either it wasn't where I remembered it to be or it wasn't there at all.

I'm quite sure I wasn't totally drunk for the whole of that long lost summer and wasn't imagining it.
 Parking cameras. - Ian (Cape Town)
Oh?

There once was a man from Florence
To whom all art was abhorrence.
He got slightly tipsy,
went to the Uffizi
And peed on the paintings in torrents.
 Parking cameras. - Ian (Cape Town)
A story in a recent Private Eye...
A local councillor somewhere was 'caught short' and had to have a pee in a darkened doorway.
Gets apprehended by Plod. Much embarrassment etc etc etc

Turns out that he was one of the councillors who had voted for the closing down of public lavatories in the borough!
 Parking cameras. - smokie
Our local council closed the only public loos ion Wokingham and certain shops and pubs were supposed to open theirs for public use. Not exactly sure what happened but the council have now re-instated a public loo.
 Parking cameras. - Haywain
"Public toilets will soon be a thing of history."

Well, possibly in the remoter parts of Norfolk .......... but, here in Bury St Edmunds, we have several well-kept public loos. IMHO, a measure of how civilised we are here.
 Parking cameras. - Falkirk Bairn
>>Blooming tough on those of us who take diuretics!

Well he would say that, wouldn't he!

(Mandy Rice-Davies - statement in Profumo Scandal 1962)
Latest Forum Posts