Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 14

Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - CGNorwich
I took my car in for a service this morning. I have just received an email with an accompanying video of my car on the ramp in which a mechanic tell me that "nothing needs replacing".

Last edited by: smokie on Thu 31 Dec 15 at 12:51
 Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - Manatee
Probably meant to convince you that they have actually looked.
 Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - Zero
Would have been impressed if he had said "we have solved your emissions problem"
 Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - MD
Nocturnal?
 Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - Clk Sec
>>For those who cannot read a message

Motoring / Non Motoring...
;-)
Video lacked drama and production values were poor
It strikes me that there could be a big career ahead of you if you tire of trains. " Oil Change, the Movie" could be huge
 Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - WillDeBeest
BMW dealer sent me one of those last time they had the car. No Oscar for this one either, especially since it was only there to have its washer jets unblocked.
 Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - sooty123
Not heard of that before, is it the latest thing from main dealers? What's the point of it?
 Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - Clk Sec
There is a positive aspect, though. As the owner of an old car, I would have been quite interested to see a video of a couple of components that were mentioned on my last MOT.
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Thu 31 Dec 15 at 13:20
 Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - VxFan
>> Not heard of that before, is it the latest thing from main dealers?

Vauxhall have been doing it for a while now.

www.vauxhall.co.uk/owners_services/parts_servicing/car-servicing-mots.html#VX360

>> What's the point of it?

This system allows technicians to film any work that needs doing and share it with you immediately via mobile and email.

With VX360°, you see exactly what the technician sees – putting you in a position to make your decisions with total confidence.
 Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - Bill Payer
>> I took my car in for a service this morning. I have just received an
>> email with an accompanying video of my car on the ramp in which a mechanic
>> tell me that "nothing needs replacing".
>>
Smart move taking it in New Years Eve - no way will the mechanic want to be hanging around today while they get authorisation for the usual trumped up work.
"Smart move taking it in New Years Eve - no way will the mechanic want to be hanging around today while they get authorisation for the usual trumped up work."

Obviously you have had a bad experience with your garage but I can honestly say that in the 3 year I have owned the Golf, 6 months old at purchase, and the previous 5 years with the Skoda , bought new, I have never experienced that . Most cars have been serviced at the same main dealer, Robinsons, and looking back over the bills I had never had any other work done other than service items and a recall item on the Skoda.
 Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - VxFan
>> a mechanic tell me that "nothing needs replacing".

Not even the oil, oil filter, air filter, and pollen filter?

Lazy sod.

Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - WillDeBeest
It's not just workshops that do it. When I first noticed the car for sale and contacted the same dealer to enquire about it, my phone call was followed up with an email containing a personalized (my salesman did it himself and addressed me by name in his commentary) video tour of the car and its features.

Thinking about it, together with the workshop vid, this means I now have video of the outside, inside and underside of the car. If those itinerant navvies ever finish The Drive, I could stick it up there for you all to admire.
 Volkswagen Golf VI - For those who cannot read a message I suppose - The Melting Snowman
>> If those itinerant navvies ever finish The Drive

I wouldn't hold your breath.
Latest Forum Posts