Motoring Discussion > Hat trick for Surrey Police Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 10

Hat trick for Surrey Police - VxFan

Whilst attending the scene of an abandoned overturned van, a learner driver crashed through the police cordon.

The learner driver was found to be under the influence of illegal drugs.

The driving instructor was four times over the legal drink drive limit.

The van driver was later located, and he too was also found be twice over the drink limit.

tinyurl.com/z6bdf7v - The Independent
 Hat trick for Surrey Police - Manatee
Good to know that Surrey police can at least catch those who crash into their cordons. Not much needed in terms of detection skills.
 Hat trick for Surrey Police - Zero
>> Good to know that Surrey police can at least catch those who crash into their
>> cordons. Not much needed in terms of detection skills.

Just as well, unless someone drops it in their laps, they normally can't catch a cold
 Hat trick for Surrey Police - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>> >>
>> The driving instructor was four times over the legal drink drive limit.
>>
>>>>

The police used the term "Supervising driver", which almost certainly means the person was a friend or relative as opposed to a registered driving instructor.

One must defend one's former profession.
 Hat trick for Surrey Police - Armel Coussine
>> The police used the term "Supervising driver",

And it could be said that the supervising driver was showing a correct attitude by not driving himself when totally plastered.

The pity and the woe of it is that the young driver he chose instead couldn't hold his drugs. Can't help wondering what he was on. One of these modern toxic white powders, or perhaps just good old speed. Either way, a proper charlie so to speak. I'm disgusted with all of them.
 Hat trick for Surrey Police - No FM2R
>And it could be said that the supervising driver was showing a correct attitude by not driving himself when totally plastered.

I don't think so - the rather key word being "supervising".
 Hat trick for Surrey Police - Runfer D'Hills
When I, in my youth, lived in Edinburgh, it was a widely held and oft proven view that provided one did not stray beyond the city limits and didn't actually hit anything, that it was somewhere on the scale of extremely unlikely to impossible to be stopped for drink driving. Attempting to leave the city though, especially late on a Friday or Saturday night, was nigh on an open invitation to be stopped by a traffic car if you happened to be male and under 30 no matter how well you were driving or how sober you were.

Not that...well, you know, I, would have any direct experience of any of the above.
 Hat trick for Surrey Police - Armel Coussine
I can remember some very cheery plastered police pursuit drivers parked near me one New Year's Eve in my minicabbing days. It was like Nairobi after 9 pm, everyone ripped as a stoat.

Not Edinburgh though, South London that place of iniquity.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Thu 31 Dec 15 at 18:43
 Hat trick for Surrey Police - Slidingpillar
I had a colleague who got stopped 3 times when going home from a evening shift, midway between Glasgow and Edinburgh. His crime? Driving a car with a Northern Irish registration mark when the Irish troubles were about at their hight. He'd been stopped before for pretty much the same reason, but this was the final straw. He re-registered the car with English plates. This took place before ANPR came in.
 Hat trick for Surrey Police - Runfer D'Hills
Similarly, a friend of mine went into hotel management and one of his first jobs was at Gleneagles on the banqueting staff. He continued to live in Edinburgh so was often driving home late at night in a dinner suit.

Got stopped regularly.
 Hat trick for Surrey Police - Cliff Pope
I wonder if procedures required a second crash cordon outside the first one?
After all there are now two "crime scenes", presumably with different reference numbers, cross-referenced to each other.

Doubtless the road will have to be closed even longer while these are investigated.
Last edited by: Cliff Pope on Fri 1 Jan 16 at 11:52
Latest Forum Posts