Motoring Discussion > Fuel saver. More snake oil. Green Issues
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 12

Fuel saver. More snake oil. - VxFan
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Device-Fuel-Economizer-Saver-For-Car-Auto-Vehicle-Saving-10-30/251952319466
 Fuel saver. More snake oil. - Focusless
No info on how/whether it works, and they've sold 31!
 Fuel saver. More snake oil. - Zero
www.physicsforums.com/threads/is-the-neo-socket-truly-a-fuel-saving-device.581791/
 Fuel saver. More snake oil. - Old Navy
The folk claiming that cars do not have AC electrical components are a bit out of date. I know that my KIA had AC power steering so I assume that other cars also use this system. I still think the device is a snake oil dispenser.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Tue 5 Jan 16 at 10:52
 Fuel saver. More snake oil. - Zero
>> d AC power steering so I assume that
>> other cars also use this system.

Some use brushless DC motors.
 Fuel saver. More snake oil. - VxFan
i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--cq-nxCmq--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/198vv9olsm2sojpg.jpg

The Fuelshark consists of a blue LED (similar to this), a 35v 1000uF capacitor (like this one), and a 4700 ohm resistor (like this), along with a fuse and the housing/plug assembly. Based on the explanations of how the device works — either "conditioning" the car's electrical system or storing energy in the capacitor to help take electrical load off the engine when needed, we could only conclude that there was no possible way these components could achieve anything remotely like that. The amount of energy capable of being stored in that capacitor is on the scale of 1x10^-6 too small to be of any possible use to assist the car's engine.
That capacitor is capable of storing about 0.0072 joules of energy. A gallon of gas, for example, has 132,000,000 joules of energy, and a capacitor like the one in the Mazda system stores around 25,000 joules. The Fuelshark capacitor is capable of storing enough energy to keep that LED lit (through that resistor, which dims the LED and lengthens the time significantly) for 20 seconds or so, and that's it.
This device physically CAN'T do any of the claims the packaging or advertising suggests. It's not a matter of test procedures, the hardware is simply incapable of storing even a millionth of the energy required to perform the task the explanations describe. There's no hedging here — anyone with a basic background in electronics would know this.

Taken from jalopnik.com/the-fuelshark-wont-save-you-gas-because-it-runs-on-bul-1479542390
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 5 Jan 16 at 10:45
 Fuel saver. More snake oil. - Bobby
Rats can buy it and use the blue LED for his TV........
 Fuel saver. More snake oil. - henry k
One of the all time classics !!
 Fuel saver. More snake oil. - Ted

So, with a fuel saving capacity of 30%....I can fit 4 and I should be producing excess fuel at the filler cap ?

Tempting !
 Fuel saver. More snake oil. - Manatee
Ye cannae change the laws of fuzzics!

Especially for £1.89 +99p P&P.
 Fuel saver. More snake oil. - legacylad
I like the Brembo style brake calipers on the same page. Super.
 Fuel saver. More snake oil. - nice but dim
>> I like the Brembo style brake calipers on the same page. Super.
>>
>>

They dont fit the Legacy - sorry Dog
 Fuel saver. More snake oil. - Shiny
www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Fuel-Saver-Gas-Economizer-Save-Gas-Fuel-Saver-And-Save-Gas-See-On-TV-AY284/32401865772.html

Mixed reviews on aliexpress.

Simply plug this item into your car's cigarette lighter and it instantly begins to save gas and your money.
Save 20% or more on gas.
Just plug and save.
You can experience more horsepower better acceleration longer battery life and cleaner emissions....
Save on gas save our earth.
Compact and lightweight.
With LED indicator.
Easy to use and starts working instantly.
Latest Forum Posts