Motoring Discussion > Audi A1 - Mimsing - 51mpg! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 4

Audi A1 - Mimsing - 51mpg! - Auntie Lockbrakes
Peak summertime over here, so the country roads are packed with mimsers and holidaymakers, many towing boats and not in a hurry to get anywhere.

My usual fortnightly run to/from the big city 100-odd miles away is usually traffic-free, allowing me to "not hang around". Trip computer averages out the journey around 43mpg, which broadly tallies with the fuel tank at refueling time.

Anyway, had to trudge to the city with all the holiday traffic last week. Journey took a good 20 mins longer than usual, but the reward: 51mpg on the trip computer! I've never cracked 50 in any car to my knowledge.

Question is: is the extra 7-8mpg worth the additional 20-odd minutes of boredom?!
 Audi A1 - Mimsing - 51mpg! - MD
You NEED a V8 petrol.
 Audi A1 - Mimsing - 51mpg! - Runfer D'Hills
I've never re-set the mpg readout in the Merc in 150,000 miles, not sure if it does it itself sometimes but it tells me that I average 42 mph and 47 mpg. There's another readout which tells me the number of hours that took which was a lot as I recall ! On a long run the best I've ever seen is 57 mpg and on a 2 mile crawl across town the worst I've had is 29 mpg.

Car is usually fully laden and I'm often in a hurry so I don't think that's too bad for a big heavy automatic estate car.
 Audi A1 - Mimsing - 51mpg! - CGNorwich
is the extra 7-8mpg worth the additional 20-odd minutes of boredom?!

Depends whether you find driving boring or not I suppose. Quite like it myself - radio on, relax.
 Audi A1 - Mimsing - 51mpg! - Aretas
I guess safety is the most important priority. If the boredom is likely to lead to lack of attention then don't do it.
Latest Forum Posts