Motoring Discussion > Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: WillDeBeest Replies: 20

Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - WillDeBeest
Saw this during a break in the cricket coverage this morning. Three clean-cut types in business clothes dash towards a Cactus parked in a Canary Wharfesque plaza and dive in leaving their clothes in heaps on the ground.
Cut to the same people doing aspirationally outdoorsy things somewhere improbably unspoiled and traffic-free.

Beestling Minor: When I see three naked people jump into a car, I don't assume they're going paragliding.
 Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - Runfer D'Hills
Cacti are quite colour sensitive, there's an all black one which is often parked outside the building next to our offices. I confess to quite liking it. The coincidence that the premises is a gym and the Cactus owner is the female aerobics instructor who arrives in her Lycra training gear hasn't coloured my judgement at all. ( cough )

I wouldn't turn my nose up at one though. Bit small for my real life but I quite like the quirkiness of them. Citroen would probably be appalled that someone my age could be tempted.
 Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - tyrednemotional

>> I wouldn't turn my nose up at one though. Bit small for my real life
>> but I quite like the quirkiness of them.

....and the car....?
Well, both as it happens. But one of them would end up costing me a whole lot more than the other...
 Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - R.P.
...and the car....?

You beat me to it.
 Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - Zero
>> Cacti are quite colour sensitive,

Oh yes, you need to avoid the beige one with tobacco cushions, looks like used toilet paper stuck on a bum.
I count myself fortunate that I've never actually seen anyone with used toilet paper stuck to their bum.

Perhaps it's an English thing?
 Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - Zero
use your imagination, imagine its the highland games with all those butch blokes tossing their cabers.
 Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - No FM2R
You and your euphemisms.
 Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - tyrednemotional
....whether one's own bum, or someone else's, viewing it in order to use it as a base for comparison would involve some very strange practices (....allegedly...)
 Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - Dave_
>> Citroen would probably be appalled that someone my age could be tempted

We went out at the weekend to compare the Cactus, 2008, Captur, EcoSport etc.. The verdict on the Cactus was that it was "a bit old people-y"...

A pre-reg Captur DCi auto won. Most practical, most toys, best price, best drive, and a 5-year warranty.
Changing again Dave?
>> Changing again Dave?

Nope, I'm still over the moon with the Jeep thanks. The Captur is my friend's post-divorce treat to herself.

Had to be a blue one, goes better on the drive with the red Jeep.
Last edited by: Dave_ on Mon 18 Jan 16 at 19:09
Oh ok. Thought it didn't sound like your sort of car. Not that it shouldn't be or anything, just didn't seem your sort of thing.
Haha, it's not really is it? Given that she liked the idea of a small SUV, I think we could have done a lot worse. It's surprisingly well-specced for a tiddler too.

The dealers all seem to be amalgamated round here. We looked at the Captur, Kadjar, Duster, Juke and Qashqai on one site; 2008, Mokka and Cactus on another; and Soul, Sportage and EcoSport on a third.
Mind that bad back of yours...

;-)
Thppppt. ;-)
 Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - Focusless
>> Saw this during a break in the cricket coverage this morning.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhcK5R9K64A
 Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - John Boy
So that ridiculous piece of quilting on the side means that you can throw yourself at the car without getting hurt.
 Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - R.P.
It's to hide the rust.
 Citroen - Cactus ad. Really? - ....
Bit of a fad car. An accountants special was the impression ingrained in me after my wife had one for a test drive last year.

The seat base and back were at an odd angle where they meet which could not be satisfactorily adjusted, the rear is not a happy place for children with a high glass line and rear windows which only open on latches, no wind down windows manual or electric and the front end had a lot of spaces with not much inner wing metal work.

My wife opted for a Auris Hybrid Estate (after two Citroën C4 Grand Picasso models) rather than a Cactus. She would have preferred the Aircross, Mitsubishi ASX based mini SUV, Citroën for whatever reason did not want to sell us one.
Latest Forum Posts