Motoring Discussion > Terraclean Miscellaneous
Thread Author: devonite Replies: 8

Terraclean - devonite
On Granada TV last night was an advertisement for the above named product. Some of the "speel" seemed to claim that when used it produced N- charged Electricity in the cylinders, which in turn produced -N charged exhaust gasses that attracted the +P charged carbon to it and blows it our the pipe!

On Googling, I discovered that it is an actual product (albeit expensive) that according to "reviews" appears to work, but something makes me sceptical, although I did use Red x back in the 70's!
 Terraclean - sherlock47
The only thing that it seeems to do sucessfully is make a lot of money selling franchises!

Googling produces pages of garages that will do the work for you in an attempt o recover their costs.

Very difficult to find well documented issues of falure, however look at
www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/358123-terraclean-huge-problems-monte-carlo-tdi/page-2

Snakeoil ?
 Terraclean - Armel Coussine
>> something makes me sceptical, although I did use Red x back in the 70's!

Redex was quite good stuff, made engines run properly, cleaned up the exhaust ports and got all the varnish out of the injectors and little pipes.

Not sure I'd use it in a really modern car. I don't think it agrees with catalyzers. But cars seemed to thrive on it back in the day.

Once, following the instructions, I poured a whole bottle of Redex down the throat of the downdraught carburettor with the engine running at a very fast idle. There was a colossal cloud of blue smoke, which soon cleared.

After that the car ran a bit better. Or rather, seemed to. Marginal changes in performance/economy are notoriously subject to owners' wishful thinking.
 Terraclean - devonite
>There was a colossal cloud of blue smoke, which soon cleared

HEHE! - remember them well! - got me in trouble many a Saturday morning! (wash day), but nothing compares to the smoke i got when i put it in my Seagull outboard!
also used that "STP" to make my oil more sticky!
 Terraclean - VxFan
Terraclean, as endorsed and recommended by Edd China

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByV8y1mPv7k
 Terraclean - martint123
I saw him use that kit on one of their projects recently and instantly wondered why such a clever lad fell for that one.
 Terraclean - bathtub tom
He ain't clever, he's a TV presenter (they get paid).
 Terraclean - henry k
>> I saw him use that kit on one of their projects recently and instantly wondered
>> why such a clever lad fell for that one.
>>
It is shown in one of the auto follow-on Youtube .
He did a gas analyser before and after to support his endorsement.
 Terraclean - devonite
But the exhaust still looked as black and sooty as before!
Latest Forum Posts