Motoring Discussion > BP activists Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bellboy Replies: 11

BP activists - Bellboy
Is it not bad enough that BP are on the brink of going bust due to the disaster in america without hippies who should really be at work (OR ASKING MUMMY FOR A RISE) rather than stealing keys from bp petrol stations in london
Idiots....................
 BP activists - Notdoctorchris
I'm rather surprised at the comments on the news regarding the £11 billion loss by BP. Now, it's a lot but was anticipated by the markets, so not a surprise.
So, why are the TV pundits talking about this being the end of BP?

As regards the activists, they are singling out BP products as being "dirty oil". This is a very naive and puerile view, how about the oil extracted from shale in Canada?
 BP activists - Bagpuss
newsdesk.org/2010/06/niger-delta-oil-spills-dwarf-bp-exxon-valdez-catastrophes/
 BP activists - PR
Since BP no longer refine in the UK I wonder whose oil they are actually targeting!?
 BP activists - bathtub tom
I suppose they need to do something now they've been evicted from parliament square.

This story was on the local media: www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-10759347

The 'no great loss to society' comment springs to mind.
 BP activists - henry k
some more background
BP plagued by controversial practices in US
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10770295

I loved this bit.
"...Their job is to persuade the public that the hole is a three-dimensional, subterranean creative resource and the shovel you were using to dig it is a spatial re-alignment adjustment device. "
 BP activists - Snakey
Send plod in after them, they seem to enjoy cracking a few heads.

Or is that only when they're walking away with their hands in their pockets. ;-)

Isn't this sort of activity tantamount to terrorism as its attacking the 'infrastructure' of the country?
 BP activists - Jim M
My collegues are telling me that 1 of the relief wells is almost in position. Bottom kill will start in a couple of days..... I do so hope they succeed.
 BP activists - Zero
they have been saying that for weeks.
 BP activists - Jim M
2 months was always the earliest time to kill the well. the cap was just a means of reducing pollution. USA government agencies have approved all deepwater wells in the GOM with the understanding that if one got away it would take at least 2 months to kill.
 BP activists - Zero
>> 2 months was always the earliest time to kill the well. the cap was just
>> a means of reducing pollution. USA government agencies have approved all deepwater wells in the
>> GOM with the understanding that if one got away it would take at least 2
>> months to kill.

Yes but they always assumed the drilling jockey would use a Blow Out Preventer that actauly prevented a blow out. Government agencies certainly never had two months of unrestrained flow into the GOM as part of the EAP.
 BP activists - Notdoctorchris
>> My collegues are telling me that 1 of the relief wells is almost in position.
>> Bottom kill will start in a couple of days..... I do so hope they succeed.
>>
>>
I had bottom kill the other morning after a hot curry the previous night.
Very painful!
Latest Forum Posts