Motoring Discussion > 37 mile dumper truck rampage Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 11

37 mile dumper truck rampage - Zero
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-35501477

37 mile dumper truck rampage - Old Navy
Please don't tell me that the police thought they could stop the dump truck with a police car.
 37 mile dumper truck rampage - CGNorwich
>> Please don't tell me that the police thought they could stop the dump truck with
>> a police car.
>>

What resources should they have used then ON? A tank perhaps?
As they didn't have one they should have concentrated on keeping people out of its way. They were never going to stop it with a car.
 37 mile dumper truck rampage - CGNorwich
I rather think they did the best they could with the resources available. And they did stop it in the end.
 37 mile dumper truck rampage - Haywain
"What resources should they have used then ON? A tank perhaps?"

Come on, CG, as a Norfolk man, you should know that Stanford Training Area is only just over the hedge. If the fuzz had been astute enough, they could have called for a tank - at the very least, a bloke with a machine gun!
 37 mile dumper truck rampage - Shiny
Why do we have an army and airforce, and at what point are we going to ever use them other than for illegal foreign invasions or passing sandbags?
 37 mile dumper truck rampage - sooty123
Bit of over kill for a truck thief ;-)
 37 mile dumper truck rampage - mikeyb
>> Bit of over kill for a truck thief ;-)
>>

I kind of agree, but lets say he ploughed through a school and killed 10 kids........
 37 mile dumper truck rampage - sooty123
But he didn't and incredibly rare anyway.
With the aid to civil power regulations and procedures any short term incident would be long over before it was approved and that appropriate people rounded up, briefed etc. Longer term incidents like the Iranian embassy siege are a different matter. I would be surprised if there was not planning for a mass terrorist attack, fast tracking assistance. (Paperwork to follow).
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 6 Feb 16 at 17:02
Unfortunately the response to any incident may be hampered by concerns about ambulance chasing lawyers.
Latest Forum Posts