Motoring Discussion > Motoring Reading Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 6

Motoring Reading - borasport
I had a pleasant surprise in the form of a book arriving through the post that I'd forgotten I'd ordered - it was like getting a present (if we forget that I had paid for it) - it was a copy of Stephen Haley's 'Mind Driving - New Skills for staying alive on the road'

It prompted me to think, am I the only one to read about every-day driving ? Apart from the Highway Code and Know your Traffic Signs, you'll find a very old copy of Roadcraft, Paul Ripley's Expert Driving,and Tom Vanderbilts 'Traffic - How we drive and what it says about us' on my bookshelves, along with Haynes
manuals, 'Rally Navigation (Tom Holmes?)' and Alan Staniforth's 'How to build a racing car' (I never did acquire enough dunlop webbing for the suspension) mouldering away in the garage.

p.s. - If I am the only one, it's probably best to ignore me ;-)
 Motoring Reading - Bellboy
i might read a car mag but never a road craft book
too old to be taught anything anyway
i still love the old black on white roads signs as well to the modern ones
 Motoring Reading - hobby
I'll read books on motoring, though I must admit that most of them tend to historical or technical rather than on the phsycology (sp?) of my fellow motorists...
 Motoring Reading - Iffy
...phsycology (sp?)...

Psychology - so you had the right letters, but in the wrong order.

Unless you meant physiology, which I doubt.

I don't rely on a spellchecker, but the one with Firefox is quite good.

You can get an English dictionary, and it works on forum posts, not just word processing documents.

Motoring Reading - hobby
Right first time, thanks... actually I was just being lazy as I couldn't be bothered looking it up!
 Motoring Reading - Iffy
...I was just being lazy as I couldn't be bothered looking it up...

Incorrect spelling I don't like, but laziness is something I can readily identify with. :)

Motoring Reading - Old Navy
I pulled the "Mind driving" book from the library this morning, I have only had a chance to have a quick skim through it. It seems to be a good advanced driving manual.

Unfortunately most people will never see it.
Latest Forum Posts