Motoring Discussion > death certificates Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Bellboy Replies: 20

death certificates - Bellboy
can anyone tell me how easy it is to get death certificates for people so i can use them as reasons for selling the odd lemon i land with
thanks for the idea by the way bigtea
lol.................
 death certificates - Redviper
im sure a google search will bring up a ready to fill in template or something ;-)
 death certificates - Falkirk Bairn
Pay a fee at the Registrars and you can have a copy of anyone's Death Certificate from the area. - These certs are public record. Dead Simple
 death certificates - FotheringtonTomas
Get a copy of one, and dip it in brake fluid to get the biro off. Then copy it as many times as you like! Innit!
 death certificates - AshT
If they're as tightly controlled as V5s there should be plenty of blank ones about....
 death certificates - RattleandSmoke
Just stick to the cloning, its far less hassle :).
 death certificates - Lygonos
Who's the target ?

death certificates - TheManWithNoName
scour the local paper 'in memoriam' section and pick the name of some old codger aged 75+.
Then look his address up on the public extract of the Electoral register (available at all good local authority offices!).

Buy a balaclava and some gloves then go round to his address, break in, duff up the old widow and then rummage through the paperwork for his death cert.

death certificates - Dulwich Estate
I bet it's going to be right hassle getting the name on the certificate to match the V5 name. Surely that's the only way to make it look kosher.

How would you explain that a 95 year old who's last address was a rest home owned a big bore exhaust, 1000w stereo fitted, blue LED illuminated Corsa ?
 death certificates - PeteW
Bought it for his great grandson as a dying gift?? :->
 death certificates - Collos
I have my fathers here I can run you a few copies of you like, you can easily change the name (for a price of course).
 death certificates - Ted

I looked after a Mk2 Cavalier for a GP many years ago.
There was always a pad of doctors certificates amongst the rubbish on the back seat.

Ted
 death certificates - madf
I've got a load of death certificates in my house: all presigned by a Dr .. His writing is abysmal but it looks like Shipman?
 death certificates - AnotherJohnH
>> how easy it is to get death certificates for people ...

I expect Rattle may know somebody who could do the job for you.

Only joking, again.
 death certificates - Cliff Pope
You are trying to sell a car, claiming that a death necessitates the sale, nothing to do with there being anything wrong with the car?

Waving a death certificate is overdoing it. It demonstrates guilty intent, which will be picked up by the buyer. A genuine distraught widow trying to sell her husband's car would simply bravely state the fact knowing the story would be believed.
Never over-egg the pudding.
 death certificates - sherlock47
tinyurl.com/death-certificate2010

Now you can sell all your cars with a personalised death certificate.

Or perhaps leave a set of blanks in the glove box for the really iffy ones!

Or maybe more appropriate for any cut and shuts!

tinyurl.com/death-certificate2010a

Last edited by: pmh on Fri 30 Jul 10 at 08:42
pmh
first link too dear at £26.90
second link is a new one to me but an interesting one nonetheless

Cliff.....you would be amazed what people want to here sometimes, i always think of it as the greed factor in that people believe what they want to believe, so a death certificate from the estate of an old boy might just secure a sale on an otherwise lemon of a car
 death certificates - sherlock47
>>>pmh
first link too dear at £26.90<<<

Sorry I was thinking of just printing the blank certificate and filling in your (own?) details! ;)

You could account for the messy nature by just saying it had been sent by fax.
 death certificates - Bigtee
thanks for the idea by the way bigtea

It's Bigtee and you need to go back to school and learn to read first..........
>> thanks for the idea by the way bigtea
>>
>> It's Bigtee and you need to go back to school and learn to read first..........
>>
>>>>>Thank you for that, so nice to be put down for trying to be jovial.
In best lud tradition a million rasberries to you.

death certificates - Marc
"Who's the target ?"

DeGaulle and the car is a "white Alfa sports"
Latest Forum Posts