Motoring Discussion > One day of Spring. Almost Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 11

One day of Spring. Almost - legacylad
For those of us fortunate not to be working, yesterday was glorious. Blue skies, cold, but a lovely day to be pootling out & about. My 97 yo relative hadn't been out of her flat for a month so I drove to her place and we enjoyed a 150 mile runaround. Leafy back lanes around Otley, Ilkley, Wetherby & Harrogate before returning to Upper Ribblesdale. Even a late afternoon ice cream at the Cow & Calf Rocks overlooking Ilkley.
I told the plucky old girl to wrap up well so if was roof down all day. She had a great day out, the car had its first run in a few months, and I even got to look at a newish C class estate.
With panoramic sunroof of course.
Almost worth while being back in the UK. But not quite.
Anybody else take advantage of yesterday's weather to go for a pootle?
 One day of Spring. Almost - Ted

Similar weather here Leggy. Went swimming then took the Vitara for it's first ( and possibly only ) wash of the year.

Looks a lot better with clean alloys.

Crap today, fine misty rain and overcast.
Still too cold for swimming outdoors here. The Ribble doesn't appeal this time of year.
 One day of Spring. Almost - Ted
I've swammed in the Lune at Kirby Lonsdale, that was fun..........drew the line at jumping off the bridge !

The water's nice and warm at the new sports centre...warmer than staying at home. Hot shower and a shave after...saves on my gas bill !

Only you and me out of bed yet ??
Last edited by: Ted on Tue 8 Mar 16 at 11:21
I regularly go to KL. 1:30 bus from Settle, home on the 4:50. If thirsty we catch the 11:30 bus!
Start at the Orange Tree ( my favourite) then Sun, Platos, Avanti, Red Dragon, Royal Hotel.
Friends used to scuba dive at the Devils Bridge area in the Lune, and KL has a lovely Norman church & church yard, plus walks by the river...Ruskins View painted by Turner in 1822.
Well worth a visit
Last edited by: legacylad on Tue 8 Mar 16 at 11:33
 One day of Spring. Almost - WillDeBeest
Went swimming then took the Vitara for its first ( and possibly only ) wash of the year.

Nice to know the Keith Moon spirit lives on Oop North.
 One day of Spring. Almost - Dog
I'm on the out every day come reign or shine. I even go out for a long walk at 9-00pm wearing my black Craghopper coat to make it easier for the fasties to see me walking in the road (no pavements round here m8)

I managed to sit out in the sun in shorts and T shirt here yesterday, which I've managed to wear all winter but,
8 month old Beauceron wouldn't give me any peace at all at all.
 One day of Spring. Almost - Runfer D'Hills
Never mind all this sunshine, ice-cream and being nice to old ladies stuff, what about that C class?

More detail needed.

;-)
Very impressed ( sssh, don't tell anybody). I had my Stanley Fat Max friend with me ( it's a posh tape measure) and I could do away with the trailer as the load area is just long enough. Shame about the colour, which was a deal breaker, but I do like the metallic grey. Not sure about the retrograde drop in power, but in the real world the 2.0 petrol should be ok 99.9% of the time. The latest C class is a large improvement over the previous... A pal has the older model so I was able to make a direct comparison.
If I could find an early model of the latest, I think they have only been available for two years, with the right spec, I would be very interested.
 One day of Spring. Almost - Boxsterboy
The Cow & Calf Rocks must have been lovely in the sunshine today.

But C-Class estates are best enjoyed with either the 350CDI or C63 AMG engines. We have the previous model C180 saloon manual at work and it's not exactly an exciting drive!
The view yesterday was quite delightful. Especially with ice cream cornets, and a flake, all round.
I had a C180 estate years ago, bought cheap off a supplier at 3yo. I also had an E200 estate. Surprisingly I sold that to a supplier. Don't know which was the most lethargic.
My annual mileage is very low so the only way forward is petrol... Unless low annual miles doesn't result in future diesel problems, although I suspect it still does.
A C63 is a sure fire way of me losing my licence, and mimsing along at the back of a queue with all those horses would be a complete waste. I'm trying to convince myself that the C200 might have sufficient power to sate my occasional enthusiastic driving.
 One day of Spring. Almost - MD
Hi LL. Every time you post it all points to keeping the Beemer.

You get rid...You'll regret methinks.
Latest Forum Posts