Motoring Discussion > Another wall damaged by a car. How? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 3

Another wall damaged by a car. How? - henry k
A driver has managed to smash part of a very solid concrete paneled fence with her car.
The fence is approx eight feet high and made of concrete panels slotted into concrete posts.
The car was in the public car park and manged to go over the kerb and a two/three feet border before hitting the fence destroying two of the lower panels . The force of the impact has left shattered concrete six of seven feet from the fence and I think the supporting posts have been
tilted. The good news is that the driver or passenger reported it to household.
At present I have no other details except the driver may have been "emotional" due to her husbands very recent death.
I am baffled how so much damage could be done when the parking slot was in " cul de sac" so no means of blasting into or out of the slot. I am assuming it was parked.
I do not know if its was nose or rear was facing towards the kerb.
I am just guessing she selected the wrong gear first instead of reverse or vv. When it did not move out of the parking spot in the direction expected ( because it was against the kerb) she stamped on the gas to overcome the resistance which caused it to then suddenly accelerate into the fence.
Once it was on its way I suspect few would have been able to stop it.

Any other suggestion as to what might have happened ?

Another wall damaged by a car. How? - R.P.
Automatic ?
 Another wall damaged by a car. How? - henry k
>> Automatic ?
>>
I suspect it was. It is much easier to screw up the process. i.e. give it some more welly!
With a manual it would need clutch slip etc to climb over the kerb.

I have not explored if any glass has beenleft at the scene.
 Another wall damaged by a car. How? - tyrednemotional
...crash for cash....

She'll be claiming off the wall. ;-)
Latest Forum Posts