Motoring Discussion > Audi A1 - Windscreen woes... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 3

Audi A1 - Windscreen woes... - Auntie Lockbrakes
So after a huge stone flicked up and made a 4-inch long crack in my windscreen yesterday, I rang my insurers. No problem, no excess to pay, they said. We use both of the national franchises, someone will call you to arrange fitting of a new screen. So far so good.

Got a call this morning from one of the local backstreet glazing businesses. Seems that they have a franchise for one of the 2 national brands. Can I run the car around to them so that they can take a look? So I did.

3 staff, all looking in wonder and amazement at how the windscreen is installed. Measuring it with a tape measure to boot. Clearly never seen or done one for a long time... Should I be worried?!

They are going to book me in once the part is ordered and signed off by the insurers.

WCPGW...?!!
 Audi A1 - Windscreen woes... - rtj70
Take it somewhere else.
 Audi A1 - Windscreen woes... - Zero
Ring your insurer back, and tell them they are clearly incompetent and not fit to do the job. The insurance company wont know that unless someone tells them. The ask them for another installer.
 Audi A1 - Windscreen woes... - WillDeBeest
Exactly right, Z. Aviva's first recommendation for the bumper repairs to the LEC last year was approved by them but not by MB. Since approved repairs are a condition of the corrosion warranty, we asked for an alternative, which they readily provided. (And I'm very pleased with the job the repairer did.)
Latest Forum Posts