Motoring Discussion > What a dreadful colour... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 25

What a dreadful colour... - smokie
www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3073998/Clamping-their-style.html
 What a dreadful colour... - Armel Coussine
I went on honeymoon in about 1962 in a hired Vauxhall Victor that colour, or something damn close. Purely by chance, my wife was wearing a dress and overcoat that colour too. It was the dead of winter -1962 if it means anything to anyone - and we had a rally-style drive to Plymouth and back, lots of sideways, no crashes. The car ran a big end but managed the return trip.

I wouldn't buy either of those supercars in any colour however much money I had.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Fri 30 Jul 10 at 01:35
 What a dreadful colour... - rtj70
If I bought a Ferrari it would never be red.... so I might not choose that colour but I'd go for something different.

The colour obviously has an explanation - I hope.

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=2208

And I should have posted in motoring.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Fri 30 Jul 10 at 02:02
 What a dreadful colour... - DP
I actually like that colour.

But on a Ferrari, Rosso Red with Crema leather, cliched as it is, just has to be done. Ferraris look wrong in anything else, IMHO.
 What a dreadful colour... - Dog
Our bedroom was that colour when we moved ere, I nuked it with 2 coats of Crown golden hue.
 What a dreadful colour... - Zero
Ferrari's look good in Red, Yellow, Black, and they do a dark slate grey that looks good. But no super car looks good in light rotbox blue. Just goes to show how much class the owners have. They should stick to camels.
 What a dreadful colour... - Ian (Cape Town)
There was a Lambo ragtop at the local dealership for MONTHs - in a really girly-girly baby-blue colour.
Hideous. Eventually was sent elsewhere - god knows who'd ordered in the first place.
 What a dreadful colour... - PeteW
Just another example proving money can't buy good taste....
 Parking fines and super expensive cars - rtj70

Then if I had a car worth over £300k and especially if worth north of £1m then I'd park it and not care about any fines. In fact knowing it would be towed away might make it safer... and then blame that company for the scratch to the bumper.
Last edited by: Pugugly on Fri 30 Jul 10 at 09:25
 Parking fines and super expensive cars - Mike Hannon
The colour and the 'up yours' attitude says it all about whether you would want to have anything to do with what is still called Harrods, doesn't it?
 Parking fines and super expensive cars - Zero
Well if they get rid of that disgustingly tacky memorial to dozi al fayed then maybe they can gain some small respect.
 Parking fines and super expensive cars - Bellboy
in one Mike
 Parking fines and super expensive cars - Iffy
...The colour and the 'up yours' attitude says it all about whether you would want to have anything to do with what is still called Harrods, doesn't it?...

Al-Fayed didn't do such a bad job, but even under him Harrods began stocking glitzy tat to appeal to Arabs.

Think smoked glass, mirrors, and gold-plated everything.

What a dreadful colour... - L'escargot
My main requirement for a car colour is that it should be clearly visible to other road users under poor lighting conditions. I'm not one for standing outside my car and admiring its colour. The colour of the two cars shown is about as striking as you can get, and I like it.
 What a dreadful colour... - sherlock47
>>>clearly visible to other road users under poor lighting conditions. I<<<

But what happens under sodium yellow lighting - some colors just disappear!
 What a dreadful colour... - Mike Hannon
Time to get the Focus resprayed then, Mr Snail? ;-)
If only I had the money .................. !
 What a dreadful colour... - Cpt. Flack
God knows why they parked there. Harrods has its own underground garage and I'm sure they would have reserved spaces for them. Just showing off. And good publicity for Harrods. I'm sure the clamping fee is negligable to these two. As for the colour. Unusual. The Arab plated supercars I've seen being driven around Knightbridge tend to be in white.
 What a dreadful colour... - madf
Only the hoi polloi go to Harrods.

The seriously rich get the stores to demonstrate their wares on their superyacht...

What a dreadful colour... - borasport
I think this tells us that the new owners of Harrods are at least the equal of Mr Al Fayed in generating publicity - many businesses would kill to get there names on TV/Radio/papers/net as much as Harrods has been today.

That's not to say everybody sees it that way (this from the comments in reply to the Sun article)
"hahahaahah brilliant, finally the parking attendants in london do a good job! Park illegally and you'll be clamped, plus it's not so much the £60 fine, it's the humiliation of being in a dailly paper and broadcast on the net for being immigrant mugs!"

What a dreadful colour... - TheManWithNoName
I'd love to see 'em get towed...then crushed.
Dog in the manger attitude!
 What a dreadful colour... - Iffy
...The seriously rich get the stores to demonstrate their wares on their superyacht...

I used to work opposite Aquascutum in Regent Street.

The store had a side entrance about the width of a car, covered by a roller shutter door.

After closing time, I often saw a large car reversed in for someone to have a private shop.

The Duchess of Gloucester in a Phantom VI was a regular visitor.
>>I used to work opposite Aquascutum in Regent Street.<<

S'funny, I used to work in Beak St. next door to the jew cafe half way down on the LH side.
 What a dreadful colour... - Iffy
My office was on the corner of Warwick Street and Glasshouse Street.

>>My office was on the corner of Warwick Street and Glasshouse Street.<<

Knows it, I used to work for Heritage Films in Beak St., Peter the guvnor used to park his DB6 on a meter near Golden Sq. and I it was my job to 'feed the meter'.
Latest Forum Posts