Motoring Discussion > Skoda Octavia II - Anyone got an estate? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dave Replies: 4

Skoda Octavia II - Anyone got an estate? - Dave
If so, I need to know the height of the rear load lip - from the boot floor to the top of the lip. Can anyone take a quick measurement for me?

I would visit a dealer, but with this being Sweden and summer holiday time, they're all closed for the weekend.
 Skoda Octavia II - Anyone got an estate? - BobbyG
CraigP has one but he might still be in Poland just now!!
 Skoda Octavia II - Anyone got an estate? - Dave_
I had a MkI Octavia estate - the depth of the load lip was about 8" from memory. There was also a distinct "step" from the boot floor up to the (folded) rear seats too, about 2" - so not a completely flat floor. Also, the boot floor carpet was backed by very thin hardboard covering the spare wheel and a big block of polystyrene with cutouts for spare bulbs, oil etc - this would flex quite a lot when you put something heavy in the boot (eg fridge freezer, wardrobe). Still an immensely practical loadspace though, and I imagine the MkII only improved on this.
 Skoda Octavia II - Anyone got an estate? - Skoda
It's ~15cm on mine.

Like Dave_TD says there's a step at the other side too if you don't opt for the variable boot floor. I've gone for it (it's been really handy, and it's quickly removable if ever necessary). When the VBF's in normal position there's no lip at the entrance, and with the seats folded flat the VBF eliminates the step at that side too == perfectly flat loadspace throughout. Also creates 2 small pockets at either side of the boot which are perfect size for all sorts and fairly deep.

It's fairly strong, heaviest load i've had yet is 6 bags of decorative stones (25kg each), 2 x 150 litre bags of compost, a weeks shopping, and a bunch of other misc stuff (plants, plant pots etc.) - fairly big too to swallow that lot in one go.

The estate comes with a few extras the hatch doesn't - perm live 12v socket in the boot, 2 plastic fold-away hooks for bags, umbrella storage behind the rear seats.

Also lastly, for under £10 (yep, tenner, not a typo) and 5 mins of your time you can have automatic boot open retrofitted to the estate (no solution for the hatch just yet).
 Skoda Octavia II - Anyone got an estate? - Dave
Thanks guys. Someone wants to buy one of my standard dog boxes, but weren't sure if the doors would clear the lip. They're desperate as they go on holiday monday and are don't want the dog leaping about.
Latest Forum Posts