Motoring Discussion > Nissan Note - Wrong Colour Car Deals
Thread Author: zippy Replies: 14

Nissan Note - Wrong Colour - zippy
The ex (we are still good friends) has just gone and got a new Nissan Note - and negotiated herself a reasonable deal of a 1.2 Accentia Premium (climate control, sat nav etc.) for about £10.5k including metallic paint and a little over book price for her current car which isn't bad considering the nearly £4k discount on the car. I can see where my maintenance payments are going! :-)

The order has flame red which is FLAT printed on it but the dealer has crossed this out and replaced it with magnetic red and includes the price for metallic paint on the order.

I was curious and looked at the Nissan website and the car doesn't have the magnetic red option.

So, is she going to get a flat red car delivered or a metallic one - and what should she do if the wrong one is delivered?

Nissan Note - Wrong Colour - tyrednemotional
...or a previous model year?

Whilst the option doesn't appear in the current website and documentation, there [b]are[/b] s/h 2015MY Acenta Premiums in magnetic red advertised for sale. Might account for any keen pricing.

Frankly, if I had this sort of concern, I wouldn't be waiting until the car was delivered. A 'phone call (or email if you want to keep a record) to clarify the situation would already have been fired off.

I have suggested she pops to the dealer tomorrow to sort it as they were closed by the time I got to hear about it.

Nissan Note - Wrong Colour - Zero
Often when dealers enter the order on the the system, - which is linked live to the build system, it will accept only available configurations current at that time. The system, being live, is way ahead of, and more accurate than the marketing men and their glossy brochures and fancy web sites.

I suspect flat red has been dropped.
 Nissan Note - Wrong Colour - Runfer D'Hills
Living the dream isn't she with her new found freedom eh Zippy? Nissan Note 1.2...

;-)
>>Living the dream isn't she with her new found freedom eh Zippy? Nissan Note 1.2...

:-)

She has never been one for extravagance when it applies to cars.

Handbags, though, are another matter!

Nissan Note - Wrong Colour - legacylad
At least my ex has a new VW CC
And the ex ex a Lexus ( admittedly 12 yo).
Both colours suit the cars.
They both hated small cars with small engines so at least we had something in common!
I saw the car today and had a short trip in it. The ride was reasonably comfortable for a small car but it is not going to win any awards for overall style, comfort or performance - it was competent.

It is the right colour and looks good actually with 15 inch alloys. It even came with 3/4 of a tank of fuel.

I was quite surprised at the space inside and the boot is reasonably sized too. A cleaver idea is that the rear seat bench moves forwards and back by a good few invoices to make extra space in the boot if required.

The equipment levels were reasonable too, electric windows, rev counter (ha), reasonable trip computer, climate control, sat nav, Bluetooth, Dab, cruise control, heated wing mirrors etc and stop start.
Last edited by: zippy on Fri 22 Apr 16 at 19:04
Don't you just love spellcheckers?

The seat moves forward a few "invoices"

Wonder how much that cost?

;-)

Edit- my wife was given one as a loaner last time the Qashqai was serviced. It's one of those odd ones really, you can't find anything bad to say about it but it just...oh I don't know, you just don't actually want one.
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Fri 22 Apr 16 at 19:19
 Nissan Note - Wrong Colour - CGNorwich
The cleaver idea is good too. Handy for road rage incidents. :-)
Typos....

What do you lot expect when the sun is well over the yardarm on a Friday evening!?

:-)
One could then perhaps surmise that the target market might be axe murdering accountants? Bit niche maybe but innovative thinking if nothing else.

;-)
 Nissan Note - Wrong Colour - Ted

SWM seems to love our Note. It's a 1.6 SE Slushbox. Seems to do everything competently and without fuss. It's on 16 inch alloys and is metallic charcoal.

I tend to prefer my car...I've found that I often hit the brake and gas pedal together in the Note. We have the same sliding back seat and the false floor in the boot is handy.

If you have trouble with the tailgate lock...let me know, I'm a ruddy expert !
 Nissan Note - Wrong Colour - Alastairw
Boot isn't really big enough for body parts :)
Even if you moved the seat forward a few invoices?

;-)
Latest Forum Posts