Motoring Discussion > KIA Cee'd II - Buying a Kia Cee'd Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Dieselboy Replies: 5

KIA Cee'd II - Buying a Kia Cee'd - Dieselboy
I've put a refundable deposit against a 2014 Kia Cee'd SW 1.6CRDi Auto 2. I haven't actually seen the car yet as the dealer (Kia Bolton) only bring the car in once they have an order. When it arrives I can inspect and then either buy, or be refunded my deposit if I don't.

Anyhow, checking the DVLA car tax checker, I'm told the car is currently untaxed and the tax was due in February 2015. Now, the dealer has told me the car is ex-hire (I'm fine with that). It was registered end of July 2014 so I assume It was returned to Kia at 6 months old. What I don't understand is where it's been since then....

Would Kia really leave their cars, depreciating, for over 12 months prior to selling them?

I'm told these cars go through a full rectification program, but I'm still a little uneasy.

Any thoughts from the collective wisdom?

Ta.
 KIA Cee'd II - Buying a Kia Cee'd - Bill Payer
No idea, but how many miles has it done?

With this kind of arrangement they usually don't like the cars to go into 5 figures - so if it's on 9K miles or so then it would tend to make me think it's been used since coming off hire.
 KIA Cee'd II - Buying a Kia Cee'd - Bill Payer
>> it's been used since coming off hire.
>>
Sorry - that should be: it's NOT been used since coming off hire.
 KIA Cee'd II - Buying a Kia Cee'd - tyrednemotional
..using Kia Bolton's search facility, look at other Cee'd (not SW) of the same vintage.

Almost all marked as "ex-Kia UK" show a year or more gap in RFL (roughly 6 months initial use).

I wouldn't be at all surprised if these were all hire fleet or demonstrator registered, and then returned to a central compound to be called off the database as required.

It certainly doesn't look uncommon, though a car that has been sat for up to 15 months would merit close inspection (and a good dealer warranty, or confirmation of the validity of the original 7 year warranty, as it may well have missed a service).
It's done 13,900 odd miles.

The warranty side of it had crossed my mind. It's a little too old to be Kia Approved, thereby starting the 7 year warranty from afresh, however I have been told the balance of the warranty will apply. I'm aware I'll need to get that in writing and I'll give Kia Customer Services a call to confirm.
It's now sat on my drive. It arrived at Kia Bolton on Monday, I went on Tuesday and spent an hour crawling over it in detail. Everything seems hunky dorey and I have written confirmation the balance of the 7 year warranty applies even though the first service is documented as being late.

Picked it up today. It's my first TC auto and I'm loving being lazy.
Latest Forum Posts