Motoring Discussion > RIP Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 16

RIP - Dog
www.flickr.com/photos/43576259@N04/4848634971

:)
 RIP - Bigtee
lol only in this country...................
 RIP - WillDeBeest
An episode of BBC2's excellent Rev opened with a hearse being removed from outside a church that looks just like the one in the picture. Could that be a still of the same, fictional scene?
 RIP - teabelly
Funny how we all believe it to be true!
 RIP - WillDeBeest
Same model and colour too, I think:

www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b00t3d2c
 RIP - teabelly
There is a boom mike on the left of the picture...
 RIP - WillDeBeest
So who wants to be first with 'You couldn't make it up' ?
};---)
 RIP - RattleandSmoke
Indeed its exactly the same vehicle and church as in the TV series. Still makes a good spoof photograph.
 RIP - R.P.
It was a cracking series.
 RIP - Focusless
>> It was a cracking series.

Hasn't finished yet! (last of series tomorrow night BBC2 10pm)
 RIP - Bellboy
it makes me laugh every programme
your vicarage
 RIP - RattleandSmoke
Just one thing which confuses me. Now I know nothing about religions and I got an E in my GCSE as I was forced to do it by law. I didn't attend a single lesson and spent that time in technology playing about with 555 timers and op amps instead. The choice was sit the exam or don't sit it so I decided to sit it as a protest. I wrote my name on the paper, wrote some woffle how I don't believe RE should be taught by law and some how got an E.

I only go to church for funerals but as far as I am aware CoE's are vicars and catholics are preists (I mean the person that runs the church). So why on this programme is the 'vicar' refered to as a preist most of the time despite the fact the church is supposed to be anglican?

Sorry its all gone a bit off topic.
 RIP - R.P.
The funniest bit was in the first episode with the mooning builders and the Vicar's response.
 RIP - R.P.
Priest is a general term.
 RIP - rtj70
Watched episode 3 of this series last night. The picture is indeed a still from the opening sequence. So not similar it's the same. But someone above did mention the boom mic though which showed it was not a real scene.
 RIP - tyro
I only go to church for funerals but as far as I am aware CoE's are vicars and catholics are preists (I mean the person that runs the church). So why on this programme is the 'vicar' refered to as a preist most of the time despite the fact the church is supposed to be anglican?

Priest is the technical term for an Anglican clergyperson of a certain rank i.e. one who has gone beyond being a deacon but is made it to being a bishop. A vicar is a type of priest. However, the word priest is not popularly used except among high church anglicans.

Technically, a vicar is merely someone who stands in for someone else (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicar). In the old days a clergyman could be appointed priest of several parishes, and pay a vicar to do the work in the ones he couldn't handle himself. Naturally, the vicar was only paid a fraction of the stipend that the priest would have earned for being parish priest.

Use of word Vicar in Anglicanism: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicar#Anglican
 RIP - Dog
I must put my hands up and admit I didn't notice the boom mic until teabag mentioned it,
I was quite interested in the actual area of Shoreditch High St., which I know very well,
I'll just have to try and watch more telly :(
Latest Forum Posts