Motoring Discussion > Dangerous driving and sentences by a court. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dutchie Replies: 12

Dangerous driving and sentences by a court. - Dutchie
Landrover cuts across a car and causes a collision.This bloke a Instructor by Landrover crippled two little girls and got four and a halve years in prison.

He be out in two years and the girls lives are changed.The judge said she was hampered by the law.What law? The law needs changing.He should also be banned for live driving a motorised vehicle.

Dangerous driving and sentences by a court. - Focusless
Link (from Dave's post in the Dashcam thread):
www.itv.com/news/2016-05-26/driver-in-road-rage-crash-that-left-two-girls-paralysed-faces-prison/
 Dangerous driving and sentences by a court. - Pat
By contrast we have this one locally

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/26/hands-free-driver-who-knocked-over-and-killed-boy-7-was-only-han/

Made and received 7 phone calls in as many miles....

Pat
 Dangerous driving and sentences by a court. - Slidingpillar
From article in Telegraph quoting driver
"I do not think my driving was impaired by being on the phone. It would have been no different to a passenger sat next to me talking."

Have you seen how some people talk to the passenger? I can sort of believe it, but really, that says a driving licence never should have been issued. She should have had her licence taken away for good.
 Dangerous driving and sentences by a court. - No FM2R
She says she was "hands free" by virtue of the fact that her phone was on speaker and in the door pocket.

That sounds like total R******* to me.

n.b. Jeez, really, "rowlocks" is in the swear filter?
 Dangerous driving and sentences by a court. - Alanovich
On the 33rd anniversary of my father's death at the hands of an inattentive driver, I are somewhat disappoint that people committing similar crimes are still receiving such derisory sentences.

I'd like to hang the pair of them until they are dead. (I don't support the death penalty in reality, but that conclusion has been reached with a strong sense of regret.)
 Dangerous driving and sentences by a court. - Dutchie
He was chasing a female driver in a Mazda according to the article which he denied.I like to see what he will be like in prison when they ask him the havoc and misery he has caused.

He will find out how tough he is.
Nothing will happen to him in Prison, I'm sure.

Which is a pity.
 Dangerous driving and sentences by a court. - Old Navy
>> Nothing will happen to him in Prison, I'm sure.
>>
>> Which is a pity.
>>

Don't be too sure, I have a friend who is a retired prison officer, child damagers are the lowest of the low and don't have an easy time.
I watched the video - seemed to me he was thundering along the road, swung up the inside of a car already waiting to turn right, and then turned right across the bows of the waiting car into the path of the oncoming car.

At the speed he was going and the amount his car was leaning over, I doubt it was sure that he would have made the turn even without a collision.

It is difficult to imagine a greater level of lunacy or irresponsibility.

I certainly agree that he should be removed from the roads permanently. Its not like he's a young kid who will grow up at some point.

But as always I don't think he should have gone to prison. I think he should have remained outside so that he could retain his job and spent the rest of his life paying a substantial amount for the care of those children.

As well as onerous community service type activities doing work for the benefit of the communities he harmed.

Prison serves little purpose.
 Dangerous driving and sentences by a court. - Manatee

>> But as always I don't think he should have gone to prison. I think he
>> should have remained outside so that he could retain his job and spent the rest
>> of his life paying a substantial amount for the care of those children.

It won't be any skin off his nose I assume but I hope his insurers will be paying a substantial amount. At least there should be little problem proving negligence.
 Dangerous driving and sentences by a court. - Cliff Pope
You'd think there must be some kind of psychological test possible to identify people prone to outbursts of anger that could be included in the driving test reaction section?
 Dangerous driving and sentences by a court. - Armel Coussine
I used to think there should be a psychological section in the driving test. It's certainly true that some people - not all that many perhaps, but some - are not psychologically fit to be entrusted with motor vehicles.

It isn't practicable though. We must wait until something happens, and hope that when it does it isn't too lethal. After that the law may, or may not, curb a driver who has shown him- or herself to be dangerous. As always the law can be a bit of an ass.
Latest Forum Posts