Motoring Discussion > Screen wash. Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 14

Screen wash. - Roger.
B & Q seem to have run-out deals on their own label ready mixed screen wash.
Buy two 5 litre containers for a fiver.
Best check stock at your local store (on-line) before travelling.

Waits for loads of posts saying "I use tap water & washing up liquid" !!!
 Screen wash. - Old Navy
Wrong!

I use concentrate, buying ready to use is buying mainly water. I believe some people buy bottles of water to drink, tap water works for drinking and diluting screen wash for me, but my taps produce quality Scottish water. :-)
 Screen wash. - Bromptonaut
Use a home brew based on water, a bit of French Alcool a Bruler and a drop of aforementioned washing up liquid.
 Screen wash. - Manatee
>> Use a home brew based on water, a bit of French Alcool a Bruler and
>> a drop of aforementioned washing up liquid.

Yes but what do you put in the washer bottle?
 Screen wash. - Runfer D'Hills
Somewhere round about October Halfords always seem to have a 3 for 2 deal on screen wash concentrate. I tend to buy 3 X 5 litres every year on that deal and it lasts me for both cars until the following October.

Only like the green stuff though, smells nicer than the pink stuff.

I think this was the first winter I can remember when I never once had frozen washer jets ( previously despite increasing the screen wash concentration )

Something to do with warmer polar bears or sunbathing penguins or the like I suppose.
 Screen wash. - Manatee
If you can find concentrate in big containers it's usually much cheaper even than the 2 for 1 offer.

I can't remember what I paid recently at Costco per 5 litres, but it won't be unadjacent to a fiver. I use it at 10% in summer at 20% in winter, so 5 litres makes between 25 and 50 litres.

Actually Halfords concentrated at £4.99/5l seems to be on a bogof too.

goo.gl/vu8pjp
 Screen wash. - Runfer D'Hills
That's pink stuff though Manatee. Can't be doing with pink stuff.

;-)
 Screen wash. - Manatee
Nor me, might get mixed up with the coolant! The Costco stuff (Holts) always used to be green but has been blue for a while. It has also changed its name to Prestone although it still says Holt Lloyd on the back label.
 Screen wash. - R.P.
EU Directive...! :-)
 Screen wash. - Avant
I've never had frozen washer jets ever since I started using the concentrate you get from VW Group dealers. It's not as expensive as you might think and it also prevents smearing.

And it's not pink (probably to make sure people distinguish it from VW Group coolant, which is).
 Screen wash. - bathtub tom
LIDL used to do excellent screen wash and washer anti-freeze concentrates, but I haven't seen any for over a year.
 Screen wash. - sooty123
I always use the ECP branded stuff, it comes in 5L bottles as a concentrate. Never really had an issue with washer jets blocking up since I started using it. Nearly always on some sort of special offer.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Sat 4 Jun 16 at 16:27
 Screen wash. - Bill Payer
>> I've never had frozen washer jets ever since I started using the concentrate you get
>> from VW Group dealers. It's not as expensive as you might think and it also
>> prevents smearing.
>>
If your local TPS (VAG's Trade Parts Centre) will serve you, they usually do their supa dupa premium fanjet concentrate for £3.99 for 5L.
 Screen wash. - Shiny
Another vote for the Quantum stuff from TPS - had to resort to this due to LIDL's quality-lowering-drive they had on many of their products this year.
 Screen wash. - Dog
www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/36127/screenwash-solutions-we-test-twelve
Latest Forum Posts