Motoring Discussion > Cars in Sweden Miscellaneous
Thread Author: tyrednemotional Replies: 6

Cars in Sweden - tyrednemotional
....as a bit of relief from the Brexit debate....

Having just returned from Scandinavia, I was struck for not the first time by the Swedish love of 60's and 70's American cars.

Outside of the States itself, and possibly Cuba, it surely must be the repository of the greatest collection of such cars in the world.

There are regular rallies, and it is quite unusual at a weekend to be driving around and not see a few, be-finned and be-chromed gas-guzzling monsters. Many are obliviously much-loved, and at least from external inspection, in very good shape. Though most are obviously "hobby" cars, it is also patently obvious that some are daily-drivers.

I didn't take too many pictures (not easy when you're driving yourself), but this (beautifully-kept) Belair was pretty typical.

tinypic.com/r/2my44cy/9

I also spotted this beauty (and want one - much more than a Westfield ;-) ). Wouldn't fancy sleeping policemen, though!

tinypic.com/r/2psr9dv/9

...it is, apparently, a Caresto.
 Cars in Sweden - Enderman
Just buy AC's PT Cruiser off him and lop the front wings off. Be near-enough.
;-)
 Cars in Sweden - Armel Coussine
Heh heh... Must say I quite like the look of that Caresto. Does anyone know what it's based on, or is it a Ding an sich?
 Cars in Sweden - tyrednemotional
...well, I could give you some info, but most of it is here:

www.caresto.se/

It was quite an arresting sight, which is why I took the picture (though I believe they are somewhat expensive, (if it's an ethanol powered one, something North of £250K), as one might expect from a designer that used to work for Koenigsegg!).

Cars in Sweden - Armel Coussine
>> (if it's an ethanol powered one, something North of £250K), as one might expect from a designer that used to work for Koenigsegg!).

A cheapo petrol one would surely be just as good or better. Probably not all that cheapo though.

Makes a good sound.
 Cars in Sweden - John Boy
...well, I could give you some info, but most of it is here:

www.caresto.se/

Thanks for posting that! I find all of the ones on there, without mudguards, simply exquisite. They're an interesting contrast to the kind of cars which rich arabs drive around the West End - they just leave me cold.
 Cars in Sweden - Videodoctor
I have found my next daily driver...

www.caresto.se/cargallery/arkham.html
Latest Forum Posts