Motoring Discussion > European Accident report form Tax / Insurance / Warranties
Thread Author: Soupytwist Replies: 6

European Accident report form - Soupytwist
In preparation for a trip to France I've had a quick scout round the internet to see if I can find a bi-lingual accident report form to download. Sadly I can't find one. Does anyone have a link to one please?

Thanks
Last edited by: Soupytwist on Tue 3 Aug 10 at 16:28
 European Accident report form - Zero
european-accident-statement.accidentsketch.com/ressourcen/Accident-Report_FR.php

European Accident report form - Soupytwist
Thanks Zero, I did find that earlier but the site wouldn't load. It does now however.

Let's hope I don't need it.
 European Accident report form - R.P.
Good document to have in your car all the time, agreed statement of facts all the basic info on a simple pro-forma...
 European Accident report form - Mike Hannon
I carry one of these all the time, as you have to in France. It's called a 'contstat amicable'.
Presumably the system works but for my life I can't see how two people involved in a collision of whatever type are going to come to a friendly agreement over what happened.
 European Accident report form - lancara
Had an accident on a Spanish motorway 3 years back; Spanish driver hit me on a bend with an advisory speed limit, which he ignored. I had both Spanish and English versions of the form (the latter was useful for checking translations), and we completed the Spanish form (him in Spanish, me in English). No problems - repairs carried out OK - after the forms had gone to the arbitrator (usual procedure in Spain), about 18 months later my excess payment was returned.

Note: carry a torch in the car - not easy filling in a form by a car's interior light on a dark motorway in the middle of nowhere.
 European Accident report form - IJWS14
>
>> in a collision of whatever type are going to come to a friendly agreement over
>> what happened.
>>

As I understand it in France if you can't agree you call the police.

I get a copy with the European assistance pack each year (company car), never had to use one but was useful helping some english lads who had an accidnet in Reims and asked for help.

Mine are two copy self carbon so there is one for each driver.
Latest Forum Posts