Motoring Discussion > Parking Scam near Gatwick Airport Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 8

Parking Scam near Gatwick Airport - VxFan
Saw this last night (and a follow up tonight) on the local news.

Warning after 1,000 cars left in muddy field by 'airport parking companies'

www.itv.com/news/meridian/story/2016-06-28/warning-after-1-000-cars-left-in-muddy-field-by-airport-parking-companies/

www.itv.com/news/meridian/2016-06-28/is-your-car-one-of-the-1000-left-unattended-in-muddy-field/

I think that's one of the very few times I've seen a 4x4 actually off-road and covered in mud ;)

edit, I think I've found Stephen's car, complete with private number plate ;)

news.images.itv.com/image/file/1023395/stream_img.jpg
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 29 Jun 16 at 19:22
 Parking Scam near Gatwick Airport - smokie
My car was at Gatwick for 10 days,. collected last Sunday. I got a Groupon deal which made it cheap, but I am sure it was one of those in the field. It was a bit muddy on the tyres and sills, and there was a little mud in the driver's footwell. Parked on my drive, it has dropped some mud onto the drive from underneath.

I knew I was paying only about 2/3rds the price of "proper" meet and greet parking so I wasn't surprised and am not that bothered - but then I'm not as precious about my car as I used to be.
 Parking Scam near Gatwick Airport - WillDeBeest
Mud outside preferable to creosote inside?
 Parking Scam near Gatwick Airport - rtj70
What's wrong with the smell of creosote? I remember the smell from painting the shed as a child with my brother.
 Parking Scam near Gatwick Airport - WillDeBeest
Aye. No mooney for brooshes in them days. Grim oop north. Champion.
};---)
>> Aye. No mooney for brooshes in them days. Grim oop north. Champion.
>> };---)

When I said painting a shed with my brother, that was both of us. I didn't mean he was used instead of a brush you know :-)

He's done alright. He's just bought a new Tesla S.
 Parking Scam near Gatwick Airport - CGNorwich
Nothing apart from the fact that the fumes are poisonous.

I know all that. I didn't know that when I was a child in South Wales. Parents eh.
 Parking Scam near Gatwick Airport - VxFan
>> I am sure it was one of those in the field. It was a bit muddy on the tyres and sills, and there was a little mud in the driver's footwell.

You were lucky to get it back. Some people came back and found themselves missing a car.
Latest Forum Posts