Motoring Discussion > The wheel of shame Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 31

The wheel of shame - Runfer D'Hills
Ok, so I was tired, hungry, had done 300 miles that day and just wanted to park up to go and find some food. But I'm still furious with myself. Never done this in 40 years.

I've scraped my one month old diamond cut NSF alloy on a kerb.

I know you're not allowed to swear on here so I'll just content myself with an "oh bother, that's a pity"

What I'm really thinking involves sex, birth out of wedlock and gonads.

The mark of shame.

:-(
 The wheel of shame - tyrednemotional

>> The mark of shame.
>>

...especially when it's the offside...
 The wheel of shame - Clk Sec
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Sat 2 Jul 16 at 12:38
Speechless Clk Sec?

Me too, it's difficult to find the words. "She" hasn't noticed yet, but I know she's going to enjoy every minute of it..,

Got my wires crossed, Runfer.

I blame, tne.
 The wheel of shame - Robin O'Reliant
At least you had it a month first.

I once came home in a brand new Fiesta and scraped the N/S front wheel along the kerbing bordering a flower bed on the edge of my drive. Only a steel jobbie, but it still looked an unholy mess.

At least I was able to swap it with the spare. I assume yours is a mismatching steel spare, if you have one at all?
Just a tank of wee and a pump.

The wheel of shame - rtj70
I managed to gouge a door on my brand new Passat in 2000. The dealership representative dealing with me was in a bit of a rush to get away so I was handed the keys and told it's round the back.

What he didn't say it was still in a compound surrounded by cars. After doing a 40 point turn I was out. But I'd not seen the metal pipe used to hold a flag pole low to the ground and scraped the door. Zero miles on the clock.

I should have told them to get it out but thought I'd be able to manoeuvre it. Why the metal pipe with side supports was there I have no idea. Right in the middle. Had it had a flag I'd have noticed it. I got them repair the door for free.
 The wheel of shame - No FM2R
Cringeworthy.

I did that to my Phaeton when I was driving it the first day and stopped to pick up some flowers (trying to avoid her asking how much the car cost). And it was one of those cobbled kerbs, if you know what I mean.

I could have cried I was so mad.
 The wheel of shame - WillDeBeest
Bad luck, Humph. I know how you feel: I'm Not The Sort That Does That either - doesn't mean I've never done it, though.
 The wheel of shame - Armel Coussine
There are an enormous number of alloy-graunching potholes in the lanes round here. That's one reason why cars come at you in the middle of the road round blind corners. No doubt there are other reasons less flattering to the drivers.
It feels like the beginning of the end, I'll be having to turn around to reverse park next instead of using the mirrors. Emasculating really. She still hasn't noticed BTW.

....aye, and shopping in BHS next.......

You buy a Large Estate Car with the turning circle of a small supertanker, waft it round in a circle so you don't have to walk far to the chippy, and fail to see the kerb.......then come on here looking for sympathy..... I don't know.

Good job it wasn't a high kerb (or a wall) as the loss of a door mirror would probably have evoked a certain amount of schadenfreude (but of course, you wouldn't have posted about that).

;-)
>>waft it round in a circle so you don't have to walk far to the chippy, and fail to see the kerb...

Do you have the gift of second sight? That's exactly what happened actually. Put me right off my chips to be honest.

...Large Estate Car with the turning circle of a small supertanker...

A very small supertanker. More like a wheelbarrow, in fact. It may be 4.8m long but mine is the easiest car to parallel-park I've ever had. Perhaps I'm not helping.
It is easy to swing round, which is why I did... And they weren't even good chips. Herne Bay y'see. Shouldn't buy chips that far south. I knew that too before I started. Didn't even bother risking the fish, had a sausage instead.

>> .....had a sausage instead.
>>
....there you go. Wurst for the cup-holders. I told you to RTFM.

;-)
>> I blame, tne.
>>

...my shoulders are broad, but in this case, I blame your optician..... ;-)
>> I blame tne.

>> I blame your optician..... ;-)

Yes, indeed. I really must sort out an appointment.
;)
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Sat 2 Jul 16 at 17:11
A car isn't really yours till you put a battle scar or two on it. It's part of the bonding process.
 The wheel of shame - Bobby
I remember my Altea got two scrapes down the drivers door the week after I got it. I was sure it was my sons brake levers on his bike but he denied it. Although annoyed, I convinced myself they would be joined by more in due course.

I traded the car in 6 years later and they were still the only body defects on it (and my son finally admitted my suspicions as well).
You know how they say ( who are "They" anyway? ) but they say that things come in threes...

This afternoon, I walked my dog, and as dogs do, he did. I went to pick it up with a poo bag and as I grasped the offending article my fingers punctured the bag. So, I fished in my pocket for another one and to open it I only went and licked my fingers, Oh fab...

Then, later, I decided to go for a swim, it was absolutely howling it down with rain so I sprinted to the car. Leapt in to it to wonder why my backside was soaking and it was still raining, yeah, I'd left the sunroof open hadn't I...

Hopefully that's it for a while.

Sheesh

Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Sat 2 Jul 16 at 21:51
But apart from that, how's your luck?
It's all going well thanks...

The wheel of shame - Old Navy
>> I'd left the sunroof open hadn't I...>>

No global closing on the LEC? Even my humble Focus had that. :-)
What's a sunroof, Grandpa?
Humph, you found out what happened to your old car yet? Into auction?
So far as I know Bobby.
colour, age mileage?
Lets track it on autotrader!
 The wheel of shame - rtj70
If it has heated seats - don't use them for a bit!
 The wheel of shame - stan10
" .. Hopefully that's it for a while.
Sheesh .. "

After a day like that, you could star on "Live at the Apollo" ?

I'd buy a ticket :-)

I have also, years ago, done nearly the same, nowadays i spit on my fingers instead of .... (ok, i was lucky, i only scratched my nose !)
Got no sunroof, but i will will admit to leaving windows open and suffering an equally wet bumb !

Almost like therapy this, isn't it ? (My Name is Stan, and i smeared my face with ...) Glad i'm not the only one.

Back to the holes in the bags though, making me smile is the thought of our dogs copying that advert, .. (the "Monsters in the Wardrobe" one) ... - "What ?? ..".

Anyway dont't worry, take one of fido's worming tablets, should clear any nasties out of your system,
Just cover it in peanut butter before swallowing it !!
Enjoy :-)

The wheel of shame - Dog
>>walked my dog, and as dogs do, he did. I went to pick it up with a poo bag and as I grasped the offending article my fingers punctured the bag.

Musta bin the cheapo poo bags you buy, Shirley. I have two large dogs who do BIG jobs but I've never had that happen, thankfully.
Latest Forum Posts