Motoring Discussion > Dashcam captures car flipping over on the A35 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 8

Dashcam captures car flipping over on the A35 - VxFan
Dashcam footage of a car crashing through a central reservation and flipping over has been released by police.

BMW driver Ryan Vincent, 33, lost control and crossed the central reservation after undertaking on the A35 in Southampton in December.

He was found guilty in his absence of driving without due care and attention and driving without insurance. He was fined £230, banned for 14 days and received six points on his licence.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-36715263

I'm surprised at the lenient sentence he was given.
 Dashcam captures car flipping over on the A35 - Slidingpillar
There's something we don't know. While it was a silly manoeuvre to begin with, the hitting of the left hand crash barrier that started the accident deliberateness is most odd as he increased his turn after taking the left hand lane to undertake.
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Thu 7 Jul 16 at 10:50
 Dashcam captures car flipping over on the A35 - John Boy
The penalties in this case strike me as ludicrous. Why would he bother with insurance when he gets his next car?
 Dashcam captures car flipping over on the A35 - VxFan
>> when he gets his next car?

You'd like to think looking at the pictures of the wreckage, he'll drive a bit more carefully in future. Somehow I doubt it though.

tinyurl.com/gn7oymm - www.dailyecho.co.uk
 Dashcam captures car flipping over on the A35 - Bobby
would never have happened in a FWD...........
 Dashcam captures car flipping over on the A35 - Bill Payer
Wonder if the driver he was undertaking was done for driving without due care and consideration? I'm going to guess not.

Agree with the comments about the sentence though - that was a big impact with the first car in the other carriageway.
 Dashcam captures car flipping over on the A35 - Shiny
>> hitting of the left hand crash barrier that started the accident deliberateness is most odd
>> as he increased his turn after taking the left hand lane to undertake.
>>

What happened was he moved to the left to pass the lane hog, when adjacent to the lane-hog, he realised he was going a bit fast and abruptly lifted off the throttle and this caused the rear axle to step out to the right and point him into the left barrier.

He probably was one of those berks with his seat laid back and one hand on bottom of the steering wheel so couldn't regain control.

It is foolish to make sudden lane changes in the wet and on a bend. The lane change was made when already too close to the other car and with too great a speed differential.
Last edited by: Shiny on Sat 9 Jul 16 at 08:18
 Dashcam captures car flipping over on the A35 - Bill Payer
>> What happened was he moved to the left to pass the lane hog, when adjacent
>> to the lane-hog, he realised he was going a bit fast and abruptly lifted off
>> the throttle and this caused the rear axle to step out to the right and
>> point him into the left barrier.
>>
I'm always confused about these effects but I'd have thought it more likely he booted the car when it got level, attempting to show the other driver a clean pair of heels.
 Dashcam captures car flipping over on the A35 - tyrednemotional
....more likely turned in the seat to give a hand gesture......
Latest Forum Posts