Motoring Discussion > This Duke's a Hazard - £3K fines & banned Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 3

This Duke's a Hazard - £3K fines & banned - Falkirk Bairn
Duke of Rutland Fined & Banned - 15 points (on top of 9pts) following 4 x speeding charges.

Apparently it's one law for all in Yorkshire

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-36775394
 This Duke's a Hazard - £3K fines & banned - tyrednemotional
...and the two occasions at Lowdham will have been in a stretch of Specs cameras that have been there for years (and you can't really miss them, so a second offence is simply bizarre).

I wouldn't be surprised if the A1 offence was Specs generated either (this time between less-permanent gantries), though the A61 will have been fixed or mobile camera.

Rampant disregard for authority, or what?

(And I don't know what the allowable penalty is, but to carry out those offences with 9 points already, he really (IMO) deserved more than a 12 month ban).
 This Duke's a Hazard - �£3K fines & banned - commerdriver
>> but to carry out those offences
>> with 9 points already, he really (IMO) deserved more than a 12 month ban).
>>
for lack of observation and driving without any care and attention (never mind due) certainly deserved a ban.

for the speeding itself, while I may stand to be corrected if they are dangerous stretches of road, don't see anything particularly heinous
 This Duke's a Hazard - ���£3K fine - tyrednemotional
...a large portion of Nottinghamshire's roads including that around Lowdham were restricted down to 50 from either 60 or 70 following a spate of accidents (one of which my wife was recalling only yesterday when trying to work out the year we were last in Bedgellert).

I find it tedious (but not difficult to stick to) and wouldn't myself call them dangerous. The statistics would say otherwise, however.
Latest Forum Posts