Motoring Discussion > Maserati - Maserati Ghibli Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 16

Maserati - Maserati Ghibli - legacylad
For exercise I walk into Bodrum most days, passing the marina yacht club, which must have some affiliation to Maserati as it says 'Maserati' in large letters outside. And every day, immediately next to the valet parking, has been a lovely metallic grey Ghibli.
I have always required a practical car, which is why I had a towbar and 6' x4' trailer with my 330 convertible.
But buoy oh buoy ( notice the not so clever nautical connection) every time I walk past that Ghibli I begin to salivate. Not the best colour, I prefer the deep metallic blue, but I could be seriously tempted instead of that 328 Touring should the price be within budget.
And being an old ( ish) bloke, few annual miles and a decent postcode for insurance purposes it could be within reach....I really need to go for a swim and cool my overheated brain cells before I start looking on AT for a private sale.
 Maserati - Maserati Ghibli - Runfer D'Hills
Yeah, perfect for the supermarket run eh ?
;-)
 Maserati - Maserati Ghibli - Crankcase
14k for some imported thing, then they really start at 30k up.

Maserati - Maserati Ghibli - Runfer D'Hills
Yeah but, no but, yeah but...
;-)
 Maserati - Maserati Ghibli - tyrednemotional
...he wants to be "Spirited Away".

(but the import looks more like "Howl's Moving Castle") ;-)
 Maserati - Maserati Ghibli - Crankcase
Well when the cat returns, and after curry night, the wind rises, he can see if his neighbours have bought Yamahas.
I really liked those animations by Miyazaki mr tyred, but cannot see the Maserati link. Nor that of Crankie. I think I understood my schoolboy Latin more, and that's not saying much
If they really do start at £30k then ownership is out of my league, and they are probably not homologated for towbars, so it's back to plan A.
The only downside to plan A is that all intended funds were put into equities the day after 'the referendum' so would have to be liquidated prior to any purchase.
Yet another pipe dream...but won't stop me ogling it again tomorrow
.....Studio Ghibli....
Thanks for enlightening....in a similar vein did you enjoy 'Belleville Rendezvous', another fine animation?
Belleville.. is a cracking film (I have it on DVD).
Motorpoint have a 14 plate UK spec for £33k
Totally wrong colour IMHO and no sunroof
 Maserati - Maserati Ghibli - Armel Coussine
Is 33,000 quid a low price? God people are so rich!

There's no such thing as a 'wrong colour' though. Not in my book anyway. You might prefer one over another, but so what? It's the jalopy that counts.

If you really really dislike it, a nice thick coat of matt grey primer (the best colour for cars anyway) will do the trick. I had a Skoda Estelle 135 coupe in that finish.

Lovely little motor guv, knowImean? I had a shiny navy-blue 136 coupe too but it was no faster and used more juice.

Don't give me any philistine gyp about Skodas. That stuff is for ignoramuses and the inexperienced.

As for the sunroof, what's wrong with opening the window?
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 20 Jul 16 at 19:01
It's a heck of a lot to me AC, way outside my budget... I just paid £2k for an 11 plate Focus, and will probably spend £600 in the near future on a cambelt change and 4 good quality tyres.
Off tangent, what's your experience of tequila? My CA based friends, with whom I spend regular 'sponging' holidays are afficianados of the stuff.. The equivalent of Malt whisky drinkers I suppose?
I can make a mean margerita, and appreciate the nuances of better quality tequila. I have recently joined a TST ( tequila shots time) group of friendly people... Turkish, Dutch, Canadian, Brits. 4 shots between 5 & 6 pm with a cocktail n between, followed by an hour in the Hammam sweating it out. A rather pointless exercise, but good for international relations.
I like a margarita or two, but tequila tends to give me a headache. Naturally the idea of cactus juice is appealing, but it doesn't suit me. Similarly, I like the sweeter sorts of single malt whisky, but they too give me a headache if I drink more than a couple of moderate ones.

Vodka is my favoured spirituous tipple. It's pure ethyl alcohol. Herself says I drink far too much of it, and I'm afraid she's right. Apparently I consume '9 units' (whatever they may be) a day, instead of the reluctantly permitted two.

Oh deary me...

There's a photo of a beautiful Type 51 Bugatti in today's comic, a car once owned from new by my oldest friend's grandsire. I seem to remember a photo of the friend as a child sitting in the driving seat of the same car. I mistook it for a Type 35 though, deary me again. Must be all the booze foxing my memory and vision.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Thu 21 Jul 16 at 13:19
The caption is wrong in various ways, I am authoritavely told. So is my memory.

The person at the wheel in the small monochrome photo is not the grandfather but the great Italian driver Tazio Nuvolari. The car I remember in a photo with my 10-year-old buddy at the wheel was another type 51, a red one.

The Bentley Boys didn't stick to Bentleys alone. Must have been fun being one, while the money lasted.
 Maserati - Maserati Ghibli - PR
It is certainly a daily use car. I have put 30k on mine in the last 18 months including many supermarket runs! It will also fit a road bike in the back without taking it apart with the rear seats folded down..

Agree with the blue colour too ;)
I think my 88 yo mother would appreciate it more than my current ( short term) Focus.
Another long drive in it tomorrow to visit the 98 yo Aunt. Or maybe it just seems long because of its inability to overtake most mechanised transport.
Latest Forum Posts