Motoring Discussion > Pay increase at Scottish motor dealers Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 2

Pay increase at Scottish motor dealers - Bobby
www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/business-consumer/best-boss-scotland--car-8524955

Interesting article - a good few years ago I was very interested in going into car sales due to my love of cars (in the days when this would have been an asset) but got put off by the long hours and the six days a week which was the norm.

This dealer seems to be getting a lot of good PR for this action and if you are in any other business, you could see how this may motivate your staff to perform better.

Yes you could argue about the ethics of them being on £12k for a 48 hour week (which falls below living wage so I assume there are rules re staff on commission) but surely has to be applauded.

Another car dealer I know of, Peter Vardy, doesn't open on a Sunday for religious reasons and their latest results have shown big increases in profits.
 Pay increase at Scottish motor dealers - mikeyb
Will be interesting to see if its sustainable in the long run.

Probably good for staff retention - I have a friend who's brother is in car sales - the average he lasts in a dealership is about 18 months before moving on. Said BMW was the easiest job, and initially he was surprised how many just came in and bought a car without even bothering with a test drive
 Pay increase at Scottish motor dealers - Mapmaker
>> Said BMW was the easiest job, and initially he was surprised how many just

Subsequently he ... [what?]
Latest Forum Posts