Motoring Discussion > Roof bags Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: TheManWithNoName Replies: 6

Roof bags - TheManWithNoName
Has anyone any real world experience of roofbags?
Make/model, pros and cons etc.

I like the idea of a roof container that can be removed, folded up and put in the boot once I've reached my destination or removed and stored in the shed without taking up the space of a small dinghy!
 Roof bags - Old Navy
Depends how much you want to scratch your roof, a little rain and road grit in the spray makes a good grinding paste for paint. Look behind the edge of a mudflap for an example of the damage it can do.
Last edited by: Old Sundodger on Mon 22 Aug 16 at 13:34
 Roof bags - Manatee
I'm sure I've seen one that had a board in the bottom to sit on the roof bars, out of contact with the roof.

I have never had a rood bag, but I do have a boot bag I have used with the MX5.

www.boot-bag.com/mx5.htm

It would work with other booted cars, and is likely a bit more aerodynamic than a roof one.

It came with a non-slip mat which goes some way to prevent movement and protect the paint, not that it matters on my car.

The only drawback I found was that the straps, which go right around the boot lid, wicked water into the boot in sustained heavy rain. I subsequently used a polythene sheet on top of the boot contents to keep the water at bay.
 Roof bags - Crankcase

>> I have never had a rood bag

Be a heck of a bag, but I guess ownership would separate you from the naves.

Roof bags - CGNorwich
Rood bags?

I wouldn't take a chance l.
 Roof bags - Crankcase
I tried for something along those lines, but screened that one out. If only I could go back and altar it.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Mon 22 Aug 16 at 16:35
 Roof bags - CGNorwich
Aisle believe you.
Latest Forum Posts